seattle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jadeclimber

Reaction score
Hi ~

Does anyone have any advice/recommendations on open water certification classes/particular instructors in Seattle?

Thanks!
Jean

FifthD is the place to go.

I personally know two of their OW instructors and can recommend both: RJ Myers and Roy Weedon (?sp). My wife took AOW with Roy and raved about how patient and thorough he was. I'm not positive, but I don't think Sonya or Dathan teach OW anymore, just upper level stuff - maybe someone else can confirm that?

Have a great time with the classes and report back!

Rick

Thanks for all the recommendations ~ I will look into FifthD. Glad to hear that there is a consensus about a particular place and their instructors.

I am taking the course with 2 friends and one also suggested discount divers -- has any one heard anything (good or bad) about them?

Thanks again and I'll be sure to report back :)
Jean

Jean there are many good places to get certified. www.lighthousediving.com www.underwatersports.com www.tlsea.com and other shops, along with many independent instructors fifth Dimension has a good reputation also. You might also check out some of the clubs to see who they recommend. Or check out some of the dive sites and see what the divers say.

Travis

Back
Top Bottom