Second hand rEvo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

what teh
I just bought a used rEvo last week. As such, I did a bunch of research recently. That unit, with RMS, a Petrel 2 and a NERD seems like a really good deal - provided the Standard size is what you want. And provided the CLs are in decent shape and haven't been neglected to the point they need to be replaced.

I am 6' 1" and 230# - so not a small person. The rEvo I bought is a Mini and I am just a tiny bit concerned that I might eventually regret not holding out for a Micro.

The main differences (from what I know) are, obviously, the external dimensions, and the counterlung size. You need whatever size CL you need. But, having bigger ones than you need just makes it a little bit harder to dive - at least, that is my understanding. But, I literally just started my first CCR training this past weekend. I found the rEvo specs online but can't remember exactly now exactly what size is on each model. The Micro CLs are a fair bit smaller than the Mini, but I think the Standard are only a little bit bigger than the Mini.
whats size difference in the standard to micro ? do you know?.

what teh

whats size difference in the standard to micro ? do you know?.

Compare Units

Dimension Height (with handle) Height (without handle) Width (no tanks) Thickness (incl wing and harness) Thickness (no wing and harness) CL Lung Volume
rEvo III Standard
63cm 58cm 38cm 22.5cm 20cm 7 litre
rEvo III Mini 58cm 53cm 38cm 22.5cm 20cm 6.5 litre
rEvo III Micro 54cm 48cm 35cm 22cm CE – 21cm non-CE 19.5cm CE – 18.5cm non-CE 5.5 litre CE – 4.5 litre non-CE

a reveo is up for sale info from the seller is

a Petrel 2 controller with RMS. have done about 300 hrs on it. I’m the third owner, I put all new electronics on it 140 dives ago. It’s a well used unit, all titanium Standard size
wants $US 5100 for it including NERD

what can revo owners advise about this is it worth a look what do i need to look at /be wary of

any advice appreciated

Like others have already stated, this seems like a really good deal for what it is. RMS is an expensive add on and so is the titanium case. You can research the price of a nerd and find out the cost of that little jewel too. Without actually looking at it, I would venture a guess and say it is well worth the $$$$.

Things to look at and think about; The factory recommends a complete rebuild including new counterlungs every 5 years. How old is the unit and has this ever been done? Remove the scrubber and visually inspect the counterlungs. Are they getting hard or turning yellow? This might be cause to hesitate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom