Secrets Aura

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chutton47

Registered
Reaction score
Has any one stayed at this hotel? And if so you can give me a review. I am thinking of traveling to Cozumel for 7 days and the wife really enjoys AI as she does not have to worry about anything. We will be traveling Oct/Nov so any information about conditions at that time of year would be great also thanks in advance.

We stay at the Hotel Cozumel. Oct/Nov. are usually decent with water still warm, but there can be Nortes and harbor closed for 1-2 days.

Has any one stayed at this hotel? And if so you can give me a review. I am thinking of traveling to Cozumel for 7 days and the wife really enjoys AI as she does not have to worry about anything. We will be traveling Oct/Nov so any information about conditions at that time of year would be great also thanks in advance.
I was there in June, in an oceanview junior suite. The corner room was huge and had a giant wrap-around balcony. I went with the Preferred Club upgrade mainly to get a better location and better quality room as I had heard on TripAdvisor that some the older non-preferred club rooms had some maintenance issues or worse. Otherwise, there wasn't much sense for the upgrade since the club itself didn't offer too many extra amenities: just a pool table, a breakfast service that I never indulged in, and a bar that only had a few "premium" selections beyond what the other bars carried.

The drinks were first-class, without doubt. Food was usually very good, but not to the standard of the better restaurants in town. Some dishes were excellent, some not so. Room service was great for breakfast each dive morning.

Guests were friendly and well-behaved for the most part, though there was a large wedding group that blew out the classical guitar one dinner with their loud country music on the beach (a shotgun wedding?) and security was eventually called in to quiet them down in the pool that night when they kept going after midnight. Otherwise, it was pretty tranquil. I couldn't hear the entertainment from my room if I wanted an early night.

Really lousy wifi from my room, but the internet cafe saved me - good coffee too. I would definitely consider a future stay there. My only issue was restaurant selection for all 8 nights since there are only 3 to choose from and the menus aren't very large (4 entree selections). On the other hand, I could have gone over to the Sabor for a few more choices, I was just too lazy.

Not much of a review, I know. I posted some more stuff back in June. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer them.

My wife and I stayed there in May and had a great time. We had breakfast every morning at the restaurant prior to meeting our dive boat at 7:30. Swim up room was nice. We stayed in the front of the hotel with ocean view. the rooms near the back looked a little more sketchy with a lot more noise from the pool. Looked a like a lot more shots were being consumed near the back. Glad we did not stay there (older section). We did go to Sabor for two meals. They were good. I would suggest that you go to the Mexican restaurant at least one night. Waits for drinks were not long, and service at the restaurants was good.

I'm looking at secrets right now.
Does anyone know the house dive shop?
There's the option to dive with them.

Or should I just use aldora ?

Not sure about the house dive shop. My wife and I had Dive with Martin pick us up at the Secrets pier every morning. We had time for a leisurely breakfast then got on the boat. Worked well.

I'm looking at secrets right now.
Does anyone know the house dive shop?
There's the option to dive with them.

Or should I just use aldora ?

I stayed next door at Sabor, and I believe they share a dive shop. Everyone who dove with them that I talked to seemed really happy with them. I went at an uncrowded time so the boats only had about 8 divers on them, but there was room for many more. They seemed no frills though.

Me, I'm glad I went with an external op- I liked the personalized service and having the same DM everyday- though I didn't use Aldora, so I can't guide you that way.

Back
Top Bottom