Seeker or Wahoo

Wahoo or Seeker

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaHump:
Given what you have read, heard about seen or experienced, what boat would you rather dive from and why.

Both boats have been sold (abt year ago at least). Don't know if Seeker is still name on the boat, but heard it is running out of RI now.

Wahoo is now the Garloo. Hank Garvin who used to be one of Wahoo crew is now the owner.
Dove off Wahoo once couple of yrs ago, pleasant experience.
Took swim over to Garloo last week. They were tied in right next to us on the San Diego. Swam over on SI to say hello to crew (whom I know) and some divers. Current crew are young and friendly.

As to the question, I guess my answer would be Garloo (formely Wahoo) as it is only a 20 min drive from my house.

HUM.. i cant vote for some reason.

ive chimed in on many a thred on this. so whats one more.

Yes SEEKER was sold, and yes still named the SEEKER
Yes its operating outa Newport RI docked at Goat Island
the new owner is Mike Jensen .. Great guy very experenced Tech diver
Heres the website www.underseaexploration.com
in any case my vote would be SEEKER
I have no experence dealing with GARLOO/WAHOO or any of her crew and because of that have nothing bad to say.
but i have no need to even consider any boat but SEEKER for any diving in the regon

I started this thread becouse I was trolling for the reaction of the NE wreck diver. there is a lot of history between the boats and I was hopeing to get a perspective of that history with out asking directly. The old Capts of the Seeker and the old Cpt of the Wahoo, well lets just say have a very colorful history. I know what both boats are doing now. And the Seeker is the only boat I will dive from the new Capt is a great guy.

yeah there is a colorfull history betwen the baots, but hopefully thats all in the past. plenty of ocean for us all.
You nkow the new owner of SEEKER?

Diesel298:
yeah there is a colorfull history betwen the baots, but hopefully thats all in the past. plenty of ocean for us all.
You nkow the new owner of SEEKER?
Well that is a funny story. I dont know him but I have talked to him. I called him to get some info on classes and spent like 40 min talking to him. He was a very nice guy and VERY helpful and put a lot of good info on the table for me. He took the time to talk to me and explain a lot of things about his boat and gave me some great advice. So I have nothing but good things to say about a man that willl stop his bussy day and talk to a strager like he did. Very knowledgeable and very helpful.

Yup thats Mike. and he does that all day long....

Despite all of the deaths that occurred from her decks, I think I would have to say that if I could go back in time to the early 90's when Bielenda and Nagle were still at odds with each other, I would have wanted to be on the Seeker. The Seeker was exactly that....they sought out new wrecks, new adventures, and it was dangerous, sounds like fun to me. Plus with Nagle, Chatterton, and Crowell.....how can you go wrong. :D

Tom

fpsndiver:
Despite all of the deaths that occurred from her decks, I think I would have to say that if I could go back in time to the early 90's when Bielenda and Nagle were still at odds with each other, I would have wanted to be on the Seeker. The Seeker was exactly that....they sought out new wrecks, new adventures, and it was dangerous, sounds like fun to me. Plus with Nagle, Chatterton, and Crowell.....how can you go wrong. :D

Tom
from what I understand and this is not proven fact. Ther wahoo crew desacrated a body of a diver that had died while on the Doria. It seems that Bielenda atracted a very self-righteous crew.

I've dove most of the boats in the Northeast and know most of the crews. By far the Seeker is the best laid out and most comfortable boat for diving. For local charters every major boat is very good in their local waters. For offshore, deep trips there is a reason why the Seeker has run more Doria trips and exploration dives than any other boat out there.

Captain Mark
(yes I am biased and affiliated with the Seeker. But I'm still right ;^)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom