Seeker or Wahoo

Wahoo or Seeker

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ericfine50:
I agree, Makes for a fun roadtrip :D. I would like to try the Seeker now that she is in RI.
Have been doing the majority of my boat diving off the Gauntlet out of Salem, MA.
i beleave theres a trip with openings to the 853 next weekend

Ron Brandt:
It's bad luck to change the name of a vessel....

Ron

Not if is done properly which involves copious amounts of champagne.

Anyone know if the Seeker is still in RI

Yes, it has spent the last couple of years on the hard at a marina in Portsmouth.

Sorry to hear that. Any chances she will back anytime soon?

Sorry to hear that. Any chances she will back anytime soon?

First, let me be clear and start by saying that I know NOTHING about the owner's business, financial, or personal affairs, nor do I care. There was a HUGE discussion on this and other boards a couple of years ago about Doria trips that did not happen and monies lost. I am sure that you can find them if you search for them.

What I do know is that we (the diving community in RI) have not heard a word about the vessel making a return to chartering. Considering that she is in our back yard, that fact may be quite telling.

On a practical note, typically a wooden vessel that has sat on the hard for an extended period of time may be difficult to make seaworthy. But hey; that's just this dope's opinion.

With that said; I'm afraid that it does not look good for the Seeker to make a return to her glory days any time in the near future.

I did a couple of dives with the Seeker a few years ago with Capt. Dan Crowell and it was an impressive operation at that time. Never in my life have I been served a hot breakfast and lunch on a day trip. You didn't even need to bring your own drinks. They would also let you sleep on the boat if you came in the night before. They were very attentative to our dive plans and overall very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom