Seeking advice on Sony RX100 set up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the INON UWL-H100 28M67 will work a treat with the nauticam housing and as the Sony lens is fully extended at 28MM there will be no vignette and no soft corners
Lens that would work with adapters are the
UWL-H100 28LD needs the Fix M67-LDF adapter this is the same glass of the 28M67 just different mount
UWL-100 28AD needs the fix M67-ADF adapter
UWL-100 this will have small vignetting until 32mm
Epoque DCL-30 no vignette slightly less performing than Inon
Olympus PTWC-01 will vignette very slightly

So you have plenty of choice, I personally do not like M67 mounts as removing the lens in water is challenging: all the above are 300g+ negative in water
If I had no lenses I would go with the Inon UWL-H100 28LD even if I had to buy the adapter as the Sony does need diopters even for video

So you have plenty of choice, I personally do not like M67 mounts as removing the lens in water is challenging: all the above are 300g+ negative in water
If I had no lenses I would go with the Inon UWL-H100 28LD even if I had to buy the adapter as the Sony does need diopters even for video

Thanks very much for your information. I don't get your meaning of "Sony does need diopters even for video". Do you mean when taking video of macro subjects?

I have used AD mount wet lens before and I lost it underwater, I think the locking system is not very reliable. Have you try LD bayonet mount? Is it reliable?

I mean that the close range performance is not so good do a side by side comparison with another camera and you will see that the Sony offers very little magnification so subjects look smaller than on a comparable Canon S95 for example

I have not used the LD bayonet but I have used the AD and I have used lenses with M67 thread. If you lost one with the AD system is because you didn't fully lock it in place until it clicks.
I used to have an UWL100 and to screw and put on a lens holder and then screw back it was very hard because the lens was heavy
You will definitely need to remove the lens in close range work as a minimum and an M67 thread is a killer on a lens that can be 200 up to 350 grams negative in water

Hi guys,
I have Nauticam NA-RX100II and Inon UCL-330. Just bought UWL-H100 28LD. So I need Fix M67-LD adapter.
And I need an advice.
So Inon UCL-330 can be connected to LD with Inon mount converter M67-LD. Has anyone tried it? I guess that lens will be far from port glass.
I need to buy macro lens. Is it better to go UCL-165LD+UCL165M67 or Inon M67-LD+Subsee+10?
Is it possible to attach Nauticam CMC-1 to Inon M67-LD converter without CMC-1 M67 ring?

Back
Top Bottom