Seeking advice on Sony RX100 set up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The dome petals on the FIX/Fisheye lenses adjust with either two or four allen screws on the dome perimeter. It is easy and fast to adjust the orientation to accommodate thread lock.

N

Those are the UWL28M52 pictures from Alex Tattersall looks fantastic to me
As Nemrod says the petals can be adjusted so definitely no issue there
It is great news that the Nauticam RX100 has got such a good and affordable fisheye option

I would however not be so sure about buying this combination with the Ikelite housing without testing as usually the port sits deeper from the thread than other makes

It all depends on the kinds of images you shooting and what you're doing with them afterwords. The RX100 has incredible resolution and handles most lens needs with wet lens. Every SLR owner pretty mach hates having to choose lens before diving, I know I do. SLR's are great systems, but if you travel a lot you'll feel like a sherpa dragging the stuff around. I just bought a used Nauticam NEX7 set-up for this very reason. However, I'm still struggling to let go of my T3i system because of the lack of glass for NEX. I shoot mostly super macro abstractions and want to print very large prints, so I need the resolution. Small prints and video screen presentation simply don't need such high res.

The T3i/T34 systems are the smallest of the bunch of APS-C sensor SLR systems. I ended up going with the NA-NEX7 to build a APS-C HR system for the future, since it'll be at least 6 months before Zeiss releases their new macro 50mm, and then, I'll probably have to rob a bank to pay for it. Your flash might work fine with the optical ports because taping a sensor to the body of your G10 may not have been very efficient depending on how you attached it. I have a G10 too (great camera and incredible macro with it's zoom close-up focus feature. I wanted you to know there's a cheap Velcro system that glues to the body in front of the flash that you can get very cheap ($12 if I remember right). It'll connect 2 optical lines. I bought mine at Ocean Optical Sales in WA. (great knowledgeable guys).

The best part of the RX100 is it works with many wet lens just as it is, no need for special wide angle ports and such. I'm still debating whether I should have gone that route, but I want the highest quality macro lens I can find, along with large sensor resolution. The RX100 will do you fine and it's so small and light, considerably smaller than the NEX7. I'd go for it if I were you and add the other lens as you can afford them or they appear used. I bet your flash will work with it.

Happy diving.

I received yesterday the nauticam housing, I posted the unboxing video on this subforum

It is an amazing piece of kit, it is clear that it has been done by the same factory who produced the FIX S90/95 housing

I particularly like the fact that they don't have the rear dial as that is a pain as I am experiencing with the Recsea S95 housing I have. Wish I had stayed with 1st generation!

I just finished testing my AD lenses with the RX100 in Nauticam housing and they work like they did on the S95 which is great so I don't have to buy new lenses

I will post a you tube link soon meanwhile some land pictures, the Tv is the UFL165AD this lens is not designed to work on land I am surprised it actually gets to focus

The thermometer is the UWL105AD deliberately I push it on the corner to see if it was still sharp. Considering this is a 180 degree lens on land the results are the same I got with the Canon S95

Attachments

• DSC00005.jpg
    DSC00005.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC00007.jpg
    DSC00007.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 142
I am planning to use RX100 for underwater video and so I don't need 140 degree FOV, 100 degree should be good enough. Does anybody has any experience of using the Nauticam housnig of RX100 with INON UWL-H100 28M67? My dealer recommends this wide converter but I worry about corner softness. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom