Seeking Info/advice for starting FD dive team

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigkfisk

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys! I am a member of the Waco TX Fire Dept. I have been tasked with researching the ins and outs of getting a Dive team started. Our department will be starting from scratch, so if any one has any suggestions I would love to hear them. By this I mean, personally assigned gear, comm gear, recommended training, etc.. I strongly feel that the best time to get things implemented, or at least requested, is in the beginning.

I'm also interested in any gear recommendations, as well as team gear inventories (wealth of info there) I've got one team's inventory on the way, but the more the better.

Another area of interest is that of justification. By this I mean a list of reasons for the city to want such a team. I realize that many of the reasons are location specific (we have two rivers and a lake) but I'm looking for creative justification or a list of city wide benefits. (really anything to convice city management we're needed) . I have a list but I would hate to miss something.

The information I'm able to compile will be used when my chief goes to the city council and when applying for grant money.

I really appreciate anything I can get. Please feel free to contact me off the board if you would rather Thanks again, Kevin (fisk@txwi.net) bigkfisk (yahoo messenger)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom