Seen this on an lds website and thought it was interesting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd cut them some slack on this one. You could even interpret 'or equivalent' as evidence of similar dives (I don't know if they do this or not, but other ops in the region do).

You have to understand their market. That region has some fantastic open ocean diving, where it can be easy for someone to end up above their skill level. At the same time, it attracts a fair number of divers who woke up that morning and decided if they wanted to go (a) parasailing, (b) to a seafood buffet or (c) diving using the crusty c-card they earned on vacation 15 years ago and haven't used since.

It might not be eloquently written, but I don't think it's an unreasonable policy.

No, it's the Scuba Police, but they haul you off in the PADI wagon... :)

RIiight like in Kill Bill ... no wait ...

Agreed. That "either at home" really clarifies the issue.

I read the site. I don't see any hard sell.

But you cant take a home course with out going into a LDS and finish the class! Its a buisness they were advertising the class it needs to make a profit! You dont need a hard sell you just need to spark an interest!

Its south carolina not too many people flooding there to take a dive trip (no disrespect for South Carolina) Plus they're a PADI dive center and PADI is promoting there eLearning program which is a home study course, and they just came out with thier AOW eLearning class, after which you need to go to a dive center to finish the class.

Its south carolina not too many people flooding there to take a dive trip.

Just curious...ever been to that part of South Carolina?

The diving is much closer to what you find in North Carolina than what you find further south.

I have only been to that side of the country 4 times and only to visit family! My point was that smaller dive communities cater more towards local divers not the dive traveler! Repeat buisness not tourism!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom