Selecting Divemaster Internship

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dana14

New
Reaction score
I am in the process of selecting Divemaster Internship and I was wondering if anyone have any comments on the following:

Divemaster Internship Komodo | Professional Dive Training Courses | Scuba Diving Courses | Similan Trips and Courses | Wicked Diving

Khao Lak Divemaster Training Course - Dive Master Internship

Roatan scuba diving, snorkeling and dive lessons, Bay Islands Honduras

and various shops in Key Largo, Florida.

Any comments on the above or other recommendations would be appreciated.:)

Thanks.

Dana

Usually one becomes a divemaster by taking advanced open water and rescue diver courses first (or equivalents from other agencies) and then proceeding to DM training.

How many dives have you done? Ten? Fifty? One hundred?

Usually one becomes a divemaster by taking advanced open water and rescue diver courses first (or equivalents from other agencies) and then proceeding to DM training.

How many dives have you done? Ten? Fifty? One hundred?

There are some shops that will pay for those courses as part of your internship. Generally speaking that only applies to divers that have some experience already. Mine was included but I had already done deco procedures before I started my internship. I went straight to technical training after ow.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Where do you want to be a DM?

That's where you should do your DM training.

Where do you want to be a DM?

That's where you should do your DM training.

Very good point. When I did my instructor course I took it locally. That way I was learning from instructors with experience in the same type of issues I would be dealing with. Such as; cold water wetsuits, hoods, gloves, weighting, etc.

I've dived 2 out of the 3 locations. Roatan is easy diving, as are the Similans (Elephant Rock can get a bit hairy though).

As for Komodo, I had a friend do 2 seasons (18 months) on the island. His photos were amazing and the the stories of the currents out there, epic. I would choose Komodo simply for the challenging diving. If you can dive Komodo, then you can easily DM at the other two places.

DM requirements now is 40 dives and Rescue Diver. So you've got some diving to do yet. But enthusiasm counts.

Last edited:
Hi Dana,

I cannot recommend Utila Dive Centre in Honduras highly enough, and they do a zero to hero option which will take you up to an instructor at a very good rate all there instructors are excellent and always happy to help and the divemaster course is run above and beyond PADI standards. They also offer free dives for life so long as you are willing to help out with tanks and the other divers and is great for getting the sixty dives you will need for DM and the hundred required for the OWSI course.

Done my owsi internship in pattaya thailand with mermaids dive centre. Very high standards competetively priced and very professional guys. check out the website.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom