Sept 2005 Honeymoon - Oahu, Kauai, Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2 Bar

Reaction score
I am advanced. My fiance will be newly certified. I'm looking for reputable ops on these islands. I'm planning one 2 tank boat dive in Oahu and Kuai, and maybe three or more in Maui.

Could anyone suggest an op that is ~$100 per boat trip? Less in only better. A package deal in Maui would be a plus.

Diving is not the focus of this trip. But it is mandatory that I dive if I am going to honeymoon in Hawaii.

Naturally, there's a lot about dive operator preferences elsewhere on the board. I won't rehash some of the very complete summaries posted previously, but having the most experience with Maui myself, I really liked Mike Severns for trips out to Molokini and surrounding areas (eg wreck of the St. Anthony). Decent boat (a head on board is kinda high on my list of priorities), very good dive briefings with an emphasis on natural history, attentive staff. Have a good trip, and congratulations on your wedding (has it happened already?). I met a gentleman once, married 50 years, former military aviator with 50 missions in Europe, then a bank exec. He said the key to longevity in marriage is "she's always right". My wife agrees!

Happy wife, happy life. Thanks for the referral.

On Kauai, I recommend Bubbles Below. They do a great job.

If you are interested, B&B on Maui offers AOW including Gear, 2 two tank boat dives and a shore dive for $250 - it's cheaper than most "boat dive packages" plus your wife would be able to get her AOW at the same time - and you already know that AOW is just about doing a variety of dives, so no classwork, etc.. - we did 2 at Molokini, including the backwall and 2 along the Makena area. Plus a shore dive at night. It was a great deal imo.

Just as an idea...

Aloha, Tim

I'm sorry! Missed this one! It was started on the day we got married so I guess I was kinda busy.
5.gif

May I ask where on Oahu you will be staying? Is there anything you have heard of and thought that is a site I'd like to dive? There are some ops that go out of Waikiki and there are East and West shore ops too. So if I know where you are and what you'd like to see it I can point you in the right direction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom