Sept 2010 honeymoon trip options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh! Apologies for the misunderstanding.

Getting from Krabi region to Phuket is quite simple. Boats go from Krabi and Ao Nang to Phuket...I think twice daily and take a couple of hours. Its been a while since I last did it so I can't remember the exact details. There are several SB regulars who hang out in that area. I'm sure they will be more than happy to give you full information.

There are plenty of airlines that fly directly to Phuket.

At least from Europe there are...I don't know about US. Maybe you could take a US airline into Europe and connect onto a direct flight to Phuket.

Do remember though that if you decide to fly internally in Thailand with Air Asia or other local carriers. It does pay to book early. AND they are very mean on baggage allowance. I think Air Asia allow you 15kg before excess fees kick in.

There is some information flights to Thailand on my website if you are interested

Cheapest ways to fly to Thailand

Travel tips in Thailand to get to Koh Phra Thong

Which airlines fly direct from Europe to Phuket, I would be very interested about this for my own use.
My experience is only of flights to Bangkok from European airports, usually with a connecting Thai airways flight from Bangkok to any of the smaller regional Thai airports.

Thanks for the weather info quero! that helps a lot.
If we go to Krabi then Phuket, what is the best way to get there? Looks like the commercial airlines fly to Bangkok then down to Phuket, spendy and a lot of flying for such a short trip.

My pleasure.

Flying is not the best way to get to Phuket from Krabi since, as you say, you have to go through Bangkok, and it ends up getting expensive. So, if you are going to Krabi first, get a direct flight there from Bangkok.

Then once you are ready to leave Krabi for Phuket, you have a couple of options:
1) Take a ferry--there are departures from Ao Nang via Railay and from Krabi Town. You may have to change boats at Phi Phi.

2) Go overland--you can get mini-bus transfers that follow a beautiful route up the east side of Phang Nga Bay and across the bridge at the northwestern curve onto Phuket.

Feel free to PM me for details.

Which airlines fly direct from Europe to Phuket, I would be very interested about this for my own use.
My experience is only of flights to Bangkok from European airports, usually with a connecting Thai airways flight from Bangkok to any of the smaller regional Thai airports.

I stand corrected. I must have dreamt there were lots of direct flights to Phuket.

Or maybe because I have come across a lot of Scandis who have flown direct to Phuket on charter flights.

If you want a list of those...

Phuket.ME

Phuket Airlines, Trains and Ferries, Thailand

Back
Top Bottom