September, October, or November?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

candacebot

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are planning a trip to Cozumel, and we would go tomorrow if we could, but other commitments mean we can't go until mid-September or later. Fortunately for us, though, we are able to go pretty much any time from mid-September through mid-November.

We are impatient so we are erring towards the earlier, but a little voice (claiming to be of reason) keeps saying that the later the better for the weather. Thoughts?

My first trip to Cozumel was in mid-September a few years back. I was a bit concerned since it is hurricane season. However, the week was outstanding. The water was extremely warm, we had periodic rain showers (mostly in the evenings) that didn't negatively impact anything and visibility was outstanding. Things were on the quiet side, but not overly so. I loved it. Others who live there year round will be better suited to speak to the weather, water temps and overall vibe during that period of time. Probably want to avoid the big ironman triathlon for sure. Very busy and hard to find accommodations. It is the weekend of November 25-26 this year.

After May June, September and October are among the very best months to be in Cozumel. November is a bit shaky.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

I love October IF the weather holds. No crowds, not too hot, water is warm, it's perfect, really my favorite month. However, I've had to call a couple of vacations early due to tropical storms that went on for over a week.

Thank you so much for your replies and info! I really appreciate it.
I think we're going to go with late September, and book as much time there as we can manage in order for the best chance of as much diving as possible!
Thanks again
Candace

Back
Top Bottom