Serious DIR Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting. What is the length ?
So, the puropose of the leash isn't so much to extend the cylinders behind but to create a larger area to clip bolt snaps to (like a bigger d-ring)?

It's a 4 inch bolt snap... so that loop; flattened, is a little over 4 inches [so about 8 1/2 inch circumfrence.

bridgediver:
Interesting. What is the length ?
So, the puropose of the leash isn't so much to extend the cylinders behind but to create a larger area to clip bolt snaps to (like a bigger d-ring)?

Jeff gave you the sizing.

Yes, it is easy to "hip clip" cylinders as well, this just gives you a larger area to do that as well as moving them out where they are accessable (in other words, it does both). When we do a quad stage , we typically shoulder and hip clip the first 2 (closest to the body, shoulder clip only #3, and hip clip only (at the shoulder of the bottle) #4. This is only accomplishable with helium in the 4th bottle at least, otherwise they ride wrong.

Note: You don't want to try this unless you have significant experience working with stages, and it is nearly impossible to swim, this is scooter diving only :).

chickdiver:
Note: You don't want to try this unless you have significant experience working with stages, and it is nearly impossible to swim, this is scooter diving only :).

thanks Heather

Just was a question for interest sake. I'm quite a ways from multi stages at this point. I will be learning how to handle a single stage next week and after trying out a scooter for the first time last month... well, swimming just sucks now doesn't it?

Have fun at the wedding

These little leashes are also useful for smaller applications. I carry one in my pocket all the time. You can use it to remove and reposition bottles during deco, and to hand multiple 40's up onto the boat at one time. It's a nice little gadget to have in your arsenal.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom