Seriously, though... you're wearing your weights too high

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Listen I read through this whole thread including the OP. My rebreather has me dragging my knees quite a bit with 10lb at the top of the oxy and Dil total and 6lb at the bottom. 16 lb total on a p2 inverted tanks arctic underwear and rk3 hd fins. The standard fins don't have enough ass for the river.

I can't imagine moving the weight lower. But I'll try lol

I need some coaching halp!!
2L or 3L? Which wing?

When you say "inverted tanks" do you mean inverted from "normal" CCR config?

I dive my rebreather valves down (what I consider "normal" and actually need floaty fins (Deep 6 Eddy's... the floatiest fins I know) in fresh water for them. Otherwise, as you say, there's no way you're getting your ass up.

Listen I read through this whole thread including the OP. My rebreather has me dragging my knees quite a bit with 10lb at the top of the oxy and Dil total and 6lb at the bottom. 16 lb total on a p2 inverted tanks arctic underwear and rk3 hd fins. The standard fins don't have enough ass for the river.

get your breather in the best spot for WOB then work every thing out from there- usually high up on the back - the rk3 are probably the correct fin at the moment but if you pull the ccr up higher youll be surprised- you may in fact need a heavier fin - its hard to get right but experimenting and videoing yourself is helpful

I found the P2 trimmed very nicely with just (de?)inverted tanks - valves up. But I was also using AL30's rather than steel 3L, so that probably makes a significant difference. I think I had maybe 6 lbs total weight in the bottom tank pockets.

With 10 lbs up top, that does seem like it would be head heavy.

Seems so counter intuitive but if it means putting my tank lower to achieve balance, it is worth trying.
Thank you for sharing this.

In my experience it’s almost always that. Go so low that you think it’s unreasonably low then to lower. Get in a pool and see how it feels then work back up from there until you can get to your valves.

Totally agree to dour findings.
I came to the same conclusion and then entirely removed the top weight patches on my rEvo and instead added some pockets at the very bottom (in between the stand). on top of that I shifted my BO tanks further back. I now have reached awesome stability even if totally
motionless and released body tension. Im laying flat and this is incredibly
robust now even if I change the (no of) BO tanks, dry suit underwear etc.

2L or 3L? Which wing?
3l apeks 40T
When you say "inverted tanks" do you mean inverted from "normal" CCR config?

I dive my rebreather valves down (what I consider "normal" and actually need floaty fins (Deep 6 Eddy's... the floatiest fins I know) in fresh water for them. Otherwise, as you say, there's no way you're getting your ass up.
Inverted as in valves down.
get your breather in the best spot for WOB then work every thing out from there- usually high up on the back - the rk3 are probably the correct fin at the moment but if you pull the ccr up higher youll be surprised- you may in fact need a heavier fin - its hard to get right but experimenting and videoing yourself is helpful
I have both the rk3 and the HD variants

Videoing and a little extra platform time is next

I found the P2 trimmed very nicely with just (de?)inverted tanks - valves up. But I was also using AL30's rather than steel 3L, so that probably makes a significant difference. I think I had maybe 6 lbs total weight in the bottom tank pockets.

With 10 lbs up top, that does seem like it would be head heavy.
Interesting. I'm focusing more on the topic now and I'm gonna work on trimming weight down. Cold water season is here and I start diving 450's now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom