Setting up 2-nd stage for a full face mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KPA Kragujevac

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hallo everybody, I am new here and I have been trying to find an answer to my question but it seems there is none so I am starting a new thread.While we were doing some training with our local Fire Brigade i asked them to borrow one of their Draeger sets (300 Bar 10L Kevlar bottle and full face mask) to give it a try in our Tower jump 4,5m pool.It went out pretty good except for three things.1-Lots of lead needed6 kg on naked body.2.Distorted perspective (kinda cool , but over longer period crates "Drunken goggles" effect.3.Free flow.Lots of it , worst when facing down.
Now , we dont even use full face masks, however intrigued by that experience i took a standard military gas-mask, took the filter housing out out, removed the mouthpiece from my old MR12 and inserted it instead.Perfect fit!I was eager to try it, so i hit the pool next morning.It was downright perfect except for the damn free-flow!Now, I heard that some regulators are hard to set-up, however I have several and if someone could tell me which one is the most suitable and how to set it up it would me most appreciated, and I would end up with a good full face mask.I have used one rental full face , and this is much more comfortable.Has this been tried before?

Best regards

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom