Setting up an Express Tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

claymore

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got my Express Tech today and need some guidance on how to set it up. I got the pad kit and a crotch strap and can figure out how to install those items but I have no real idea how high on my back it should be mounted. :D

Any help would be appreciated.

PS. I do have metal keepers on the shoulder straps where they go through the lower webbing loop to help keep the BC from riding up and loosening the belt.

I guess the best answer is anywhere you like it. I personally have mine set to stay way low but I use mine with old double hose regs which need to ride a lot lower than modern regs. Otherwise, as high or low as you like depending on things like trim and hitting your head on the tank valve.

Watching the video is a good start.
http://www.zeaglehelp.com/Videos/ZS-509 present/Expresstech BC.wmv

The BCD should sit on your back so you can reach the tank valve but not bash your head on the first stage while diving.

The Crotch strap should be firm enough to hold the rear of the tank down.

Super easy to adjust while diving so best bet is too just get it in the water and adjust as needed.

Due to Herman's recommendation on Vintagedoublehose.com, I also bought an Express Tech. I also use a double hose reg and set it up as Herman did. The only thing I did different was that I moved the top tank cam band down one notch. This let me lower my 72 tank, making the regulator can sit lower on my shoulder blades for better performance.

I'm also considering buying the Zeagle Zip Touch weight system to take some weights off my weight belt. I tried the ET in my pool and it worked well. Can't wait to try it in the ocean.

I have mine fairly well set now. I put two XS Scuba quick attach weight pouches on the front of the shoulder straps and two of the XS Scuba quick release weight pouches on the belt. That way I can have up to 20 pounds in the pouches. I used some plastic keepers to hold the ones on the shoulder straps in place.

I added a plastic D ring on each shoulder strap and two on the waist belt.

Attached my EMT Shears on the right shoulder and hung my SMB in the Zeagle Quick Deploy Pouch from the webbing loops on the wing.

Works great, I think I like it better than my ranger.

It travels great! I was able to get the ET as it is set up, my regs & computer, mask, Dive skin, 3 mil shorty and Save-A-Dive kit in one carry-on with room to spare. Every thing but my fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom