Shadow Divers – Exposed U 869

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chaseh:
Gary's trying to make a few bucks when SD is rereleased along with the film, in a very similar manner to all the hang on books to the Da Vinci Code. It will make a nice addition to an endcap display of SD.

The title should have been Shadow Divers Exploited.

Tonka, it seems the entire basis for your argument is two items:

a) You read Shadow Divers Exposed
b) Kurson wrote a Three Stooges cookbook

There seems to be no other meat to what you say. There are many here on SB that love to dig in and learn and are always open to new knowledge, but the data you've presented offers nothing other than the two points above. In contrast, there are some who have presented info from people who have been on the boat or otherwise have better knowledge, but you choose to ignore that and keep resorting back to items (a) and (b).

This feels like the Monty Python "Argument" sketch - all you've been able to do is say "No it isn't".

jeffrey-c:
Tonka, it seems the entire basis for your argument is two items:

a) You read Shadow Divers Exposed
b) Kurson wrote a Three Stooges cookbook

There seems to be no other meat to what you say. There are many here on SB that love to dig in and learn and are always open to new knowledge, but the data you've presented offers nothing other than the two points above. In contrast, there are some who have presented info from people who have been on the boat or otherwise have better knowledge, but you choose to ignore that and keep resorting back to items (a) and (b).

This feels like the Monty Python "Argument" sketch - all you've been able to do is say "No it isn't".

Actually, it reminds me of the Evolution vs. Creation debate here on scubaboard.

A) if it is in the bible it must be true.
B) if volumes of scientific evidence suggest otherwise, see A.

This circular logic was used to support a literal interpretation of Noah's Arc and other such gems.

Although I am a big fan of the aforementioned Monty Python sketch......

ClevelandDiver:
Although I am a big fan of the aforementioned Monty Python sketch......

no, you're not

:rofl3:!!!!

M: I came here for a good argument.
A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.
M: An argument isn't just contradiction.
A: It can be.
M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
A: No it isn't.
M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.
A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'
A: Yes it is!
M: No it isn't!
A: Yes it is!
M: Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes.
(short pause)
A: No it isn't.

Imagine if you cooked up a solipsistic tale transforming you and your buddy into heroes.

Imagine that the sensational fabrication becomes a best seller.

Imagine selling movie rights, knowing that the book is a crock.

Imagine facing your diving buddies, researchers, and contributors, that know the truth, and who you had conveniently omitted in your fabrication.

Imagine living with your charade.

The truth begins to drip, drip, drip..... as it always does....

:huh:

Imagine jumping off a cliff...

Now go do it.

tonka97:
Imagine if you cooked up a solipsistic tale transforming you and your buddy into heroes.

Imagine that the sensational fabrication becomes a best seller.

Imagine selling movie rights, knowing that the book is a crock.

Imagine facing your diving buddies, researchers, and contributors, that know the truth, and who you had conveniently omitted in your fabrication.

Imagine living with your charade.

The truth begins to drip, drip, drip..... as it always does....

Imagine someone who has spent countless hours raising money for charities and foundations.

Imagine someone who has spent inumerable hours raising money and getting the word out so that a ventilator dependent young man with end stage muscular dystrophy could realize his dream of scuba diving. And who has visited this young man many times.(By the way tonka...you can visit Matt Johnson's website and ask him what he thinks of John Chatterton).

Imagine a person who has also spent countless hours helping the wife of his friend, raise money to fund the Michael Norwood Memorial fund, which is used for dive accident research. (Over $10,000 at one fundraiser alone this year tonka)

Imagine a man I have had the pleasure to dive and talk with on several occasions. A man who has not one time displayed one shread of a greater than thou attitude. Not once.

Imagine a man who is a highly knowledgeable and capable diver. His knowledge of dive physiology is immense. His knowledge of dive computers and decompression algorithims they are built upon....immense. Knowledge of deco theory...yep. His diving techniques are tremendously fluid.

Imagine a man who genuinely enjoys spending time with other recreational divers who do not have near his experience. And not one time have I heard him tout his accomplishments. I have never heard him one time mention Shadow Divers or Deep Sea Detectives unless it is someone bringing the question up. And when he did discuss it, he never once talked in terms of himself.

Imagine a man who, everytime I have seen him, is genuinely humbled by others. Anyone I have talked to who has emailed him has gotten a reply...

Imagine a man who is as nice and down to earth as anyone I have known...even with the accomplishments. He is extremely approachable.

Tonka...You obviously do not know John Chatterton. If you met him and spent time with him...which time he would gladly give you...You would change your tune. I have been able to spend time with him and your attacks have gone way beyond tolerable.

I totally support your right to have your own views regarding the U-869 story, but when you go into attacking someone's character, you are going WAY overboard. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about and you are making a complete idiot of yourself...Say what you want about the U-869 story. But don't attack someone's character, who you don't know...

By the way...You need to review the word solipsistic and learn to use it in its correct context....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom