Shadow Divers – Exposed U 869

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crap... i better hide my snorkel

AquaHump:
This is a bad example. Being on the ambu-bag is P part of CPR. If one is working the Ambu-bag then they are doing CPR. Do you think that CPR is chest compretions only. Working the bag and controling the airway is just as inportent. I think you need to find a better example.

Technically that's rescue breathing and not CPR. If during rescue breathing you can no longer detect a pulse then CPR is initiated.

atedeschi:
Someone posted after me saying about they can't take away the credit of the people in Shadow Divers for their find of the U-869, but they didn't find it they were just invited on the trip to check out these hang numbers. Also it does not give credit to alot of others who helped in the research of this U-boat. My second note is Kurson wrote the book but John and Richie helped and they probably had a chance to read it and edit it.

If memory serves correctly, there is a statement by Chatterton in the prologue that says that once the book was written, he and Richie were able to make suggestions about changing technical details; however, they weren't able to change the story element at all. So their editing capabilities were somewhat limited.

mstudley:
Technically that's rescue breathing and not CPR. If during rescue breathing you can no longer detect a pulse then CPR is initiated.
Eh, careful. Even for lay responders, CPR consists of two components: chest compressions and rescue breathing. It gets a little more complicated for "professional" rescuers, but still consists of the same two principal skills.

Then again, this thread maybe past the point where even CPR could bring it back. :deadhorse:

lamont:
its all a plot by the crushing juggernaut of deep sea detectives to control and direct the entire tech diving community using their deep financial pockets to either buy off or suppress all dissenting viewpoints. something must be done about this or soon every diver on the planet will be brainwashed into doing that silly scissorkick of chatterton's, and we can't have that. gary gentile is just setting things right and restoring order to the imbalance in the force caused by Chatterton, Kohler and the Sith Lord that they work for.

Oh, I agree, 100% !!!! Chatterton and Kohler are working for a Sith Lord you say? OF COURSE. It all makes sense now. Why, I bet they dragged the wreck over to NJ from Gibraltar with a tractor beam, so they could stage a dramatic "discovery". Good thing Gentile-won-Kenobi is here to set the record straight.

reefraff:
Eh, careful. Even for lay responders, CPR consists of two components: chest compressions and rescue breathing. It gets a little more complicated for "professional" rescuers, but still consists of the same two principal skills.

Well, I can only speak from my experience as a firefighter/EMT-B (under RI state protocol) that if someone has a pulse but isn't breathing you start rescue breathing and monitor the pulse. If the pulse stops, CPR is initiated. Rescue breathing is part of CPR but can/should be done on it's own in appropriate circumstances. Squeezing an ambu-bag does't mean you are administering CPR.

mstudley:
Well, I can only speak from my experience as a firefighter/EMT-B (under RI state protocol) that if someone has a pulse but isn't breathing you start rescue breathing and monitor the pulse. If the pulse stops, CPR is initiated. Rescue breathing is part of CPR but can/should be done on it's own in appropriate circumstances. Squeezing an ambu-bag does't mean you are administering CPR.

Dude, please stop. You are killing me. Not only are you wrong, but you are grossly missing the point. I refuse to enter an argument about BLS skills on a thread that is about a book. You seem to have missed the point. It is not an historical issue whether or not Jon was squeezing the BVM or doing compressions, its sour grapes. The father son team died. That is the historic point. The mistakes that lead up to there death is anther historic point.
If you want to argue BLS and ALS and ACLS lets start another thread and I can help you understand your BLS skills a little better.

AquaHump:
Dude, please stop. You are killing me. Not only are you wrong, but you are grossly missing the point. I refuse to enter an argument about BLS skills on a thread that is about a book. You seem to have missed the point. It is not an historical issue whether or not Jon was squeezing the BVM or doing compressions, its sour grapes. The father son team died. That is the historic point. The mistakes that lead up to there death is anther historic point.
If you want to argue BLS and ALS and ACLS lets start another thread and I can help you understand your BLS skills a little better.

Amen!

close topic

Nailer99:
Oh, I agree, 100% !!!! Chatterton and Kohler are working for a Sith Lord you say? OF COURSE. It all makes sense now. Why, I bet they dragged the wreck over to NJ from Gibraltar with a tractor beam, so they could stage a dramatic "discovery". Good thing Gentile-won-Kenobi is here to set the record straight.
WRONG....

Sith Lords only have 1 apprentice, so one must be the lord one the apprentice! :D

[It's so sad that I know that :shakehead ]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom