"Shadow Divers" Revisited

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just finished reading this book a couple of weeks ago. Kurson did an excellent job relaying all the facts and intertwining the current story with the history. I am not a deep wreck diver, but was also very moved when I read about the deaths of the Rouses. How very sad.

And I appreciate Burna bringing up the question about Horenburg's being dead or alive. I too was confused. I kept waiting for Horenburg to reappear in the story. Kurson did not relay very well (in my opinion) that this was just a nutcase. This was the only part that he left kind of open in the story. Thanks for clarifying that Chatterton.

Funny, I have been listening to the book on CD with my wife and daughter on some long car trips. My wife listened to the first half of the Rouse's story alone and when she got home she said to me, "They're not going to make it are they?" That was chilling. I also forgot how harsh some of the language is.

Someone really ought to make a movie out of it.

I think they are trying to make a movie out of it, but it is currently stuck in "production hell."

Just finished the book. It was great. It would make a great movie but I am sure Hollywood would find a way to screw it up.

Hollywood would probably concentrate more on the failing marriages than the actual diving. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they found a way to make it into a chick flick.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom