Share any humorous moment while on a boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You mean something like when I pulled my jeans off to get into my wetsuit and suddenly realized that I had forgot to put on my swimsuit?

Apx 12 years ago my wife and I went on a BlackBeard's Cruises trip. (Sea Explorer) We were docked at Watson Island in Miami on one of those days that promised to make a rough crossing. I was down in our cabin when someone told me my wife was topside and needed me. I went up and she told me that she couldn't do it. The cabin was claustrophobic and the waves were making her sea sick. She wanted to hang out in South Beach for the week while I went diving.

So we went down below to get her stuff when our cabin mates introduced themselves to us. The wife the pulled out a huge dildo and said "You all don't mind if we need some private time now and then do you?"

My wife busted out laughing and then suddenly was OK to go on the trip. We even had some private time ourselves. ( Coffin sex we called it. )

You drop me back at the boat ramp and take the boat up to the next spot said he said. I'll drive around and meet you there, it's just around the corner. I ended up traveling 40 km in open seas in a 13 ft dinghy to get to the said spot.

Watching people go over the side of the Rhib into the freezing cold sea with their drysuit zip open is always a laugh.

Did an inshore dive in low viz situations (10 ft or so) from a dive boat I dive from frequently. Dive site is a broken up ship in 50 ft of water. During SI there was a newbie diver whose buddy/instructor did not want to do a second dive. So my buddy and I told her to come with us. We were running a line and would find some big chunk of metal and go on top where the viz would be a better 15-20. We three dropped and I noted the viz had gotten much worse. Could not seem to get my mask to defog right. Had a good dive anyway. As I got back on the boat the crew were all laughing at me. Turns out the yellow mask I had grabbed right next to me was NOT my prescription yellow mask but somebody else's nonprescription mask.

(The Newbie was very enthusiastic and enjoyed the life we found "up on top" of the wreck.)

I always laugh when I see the people that forget to take the bungie off of the tank valve and then go ahead and get their reg on. Can be quite humours when they see what they have done or especially when they try to stand up to take the giant stride.

Not funny to those involved, nut it was to the rest of us. Queasy diver on a boat in Akumal trying to aim her spew over the side, did not quite get turned around before letting go a substantial amount of up-chuck all over her husband. He being the "victim" made it much funnier than if he had nailed his wife. It was also great to see this happen and I was not the one involved with the up-chuck.
DivemasterDennis

Had a pretty rough ride on the Poseidon out of Port Douglas.

Saw a seasick girl blow chunks right into the cash box (and nearly all over my husband) while the divemaster was counting money at the end of the day. Poor guy had to wash all the puke out of the cash and box.

In Aruba on a vacation, the wife and I wanted to sneak in a few dives. Jumped on the boat and starting setting up my kit. The gentleman next to me proceeded to inform me that he wouldn't buddy with me because I looked like a vacation diver and he didn't like my gear setup and he wouldn't trust me. I politely informed him that it was ok; I was going to dive with my wife. He replied that he too was diving with his significant other, so apparently, he just wanted to point out to anyone in earshot that I was not his choice. I dive with an air 2 (which I know is not everyone's cup of tea), that and my full foot fins received most of his attention. Other than that I carry the standard stuff: snorkel and light in the pocket, small knife attached to BC, console clipped to BC with retractor so it doesn't dangle and a small spool with safety sausage on one of my D-rings. Mind you, I had never met or dived with this person in my life.

We dropped the first group off on the reef and after a bit the second DM told us to go ahead and make our entry. It was to be a guided dive, but if a set of buddies would like we could meet him on the bottom for the tour. My wife and I jumped in and made our way to the bottom. We waited about 5 minutes or so and finally the DM and the other couple made their way down. The gentleman who didn't want to buddy with me proceeded to bounce off of the coral head we were poking around before gaining some state of neutral buoyancy. Well, for the next 15 minutes or so this nice chap alternated between running into the reef and creating a silt storm by crashing into any sandy bottom that could be found. He added to this tool chest of diving skills by inadvertently running about 100' feet of line from his spool all over the reef before letting the DM know that he was getting low and needed to surface. The DM had initially informed us that we would be ascending as a group, but signaled that my wife and I were ok to stay down for the remaining 20 minutes or so. We stuck near the mooring pin and had good time watching the dive master collect this gentleman's line.

Back on the boat I avoided temptation to say anything to my new friend and just enjoyed the surface interval. I have no idea how his second dive went, the DM told me and my wife that we were welcome to do our own thing if we wanted but that he was going to stick with this other couple for the dive. He asked that we just be back within 60 minutes.

Back on the boat for the ride back I was treated to another free seminar about how my kit could be upgraded. I'll admit I will probably go to some of his gear choices when I begin replacing bits and pieces but it was quite humorous to be getting this level of advice from such a terrible diver. Back at the pier we tipped our Captain and DM out and when to the bar for a beer, a short bit later another beer arrived courtesy of the DM from the boat and we had quite the chuckle reliving the day's events.

Back
Top Bottom