Share your 2005 Results -- 2006 Goals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2005 Accomplishments
Convinced my wife to try diving
Got my OW
Got my AOW
Assembled the beginnings of my dive equipment

2006 Goals
Rescue Diver Course
NITROX Certification
Attend at least one pool practice session each week (offseason)
Get at least two dives in each week (during the season)
Develop the following skills to my fullest potential
1. Bouyancy Control
2. Trim and proper gear management
3. Fin kicks (back forward helicopter)
Maintain a proper practice routine for all safety skills
Increase my overall physical fitness and breath control capacity
Go on at least one dive vacation (Cuba next Christmas)

Most of these are well within the realms of possible.....I hope

My goal for 2005 was to spend more time with Hermit Crab instead of focusing every weekend on diving. That being said, I got about 55 dives in, along with certs in AOW, Rescue and Nitrox. Also got a DSS BP/W and jetfins.
2006 goals are DM and work even harder to focus on Hermit Crab.

I hope to log dive number 500 this year. Will take my third trip to Utila in Feb. Maybe go to Wakatobi, those plans are in the making.

Had a grand total of five dives for 2005. The only diving I did while in Iraq, was for cover. Plan on getting at least 60 in for 2006.

did 127 dives
farthest from home St.Johns NFLD - awesome
new gear Superlite 27 helmet - awesome
goals met - all, exceeded my fun factor plans
total bottom time - log book at work, looks like around 50 hours
courses - surface supply course(2)
fav. dive - recovering another dead guy - but using the helmet - no smell
max. depth - 100 feet I swear
certifications - only certified 5 this year - but they were all coppers too so it was seemless
2005 was great, only bad part was I only got out recovering logs one day - better in 06 I hope.
keep your pneumo clear
Johny

2005 accomplishments:

OW, AOW, RESCUE, DIR-F
150 DIVES
deepest 170
places: Apo reef, anilao, puerto gallera, verde islands, Nasugbu, subic, palawan, coron

2006 Goals:

dive in: tubbattaha, palau, apo island, bohol, malapascua, moalboal
log 150 dives
Advanced Nitrox
Deco procedures and tdi extended range
technical wreck
Cavern courses
HID can light

Probably only did around 40 dives last year and most of those in the first few months with a few others scattered amongst the latter 3/4 of the year. This year i know we are going to Cayman for a long weekend with a few dives in there, hopefully some shore diving spaced around the year and get back into the caves some time over the next few months. No educational or equipment goals as i bought all that i needed in 2004.

My original goals for 2005 were:
Education: Adv Nitrox/Deco, Rescue, DM/AI, Apprentice Cave
Dives: 150 dives min for the year.
Trips: HI, CA, PNW, Great Lakes (tour de USA ).
Other: Earn enough money to afford this "hobby" and get more use out of my gear! Get my ears in better shape to dive, stop hurricanes coming through and preventing me from diving or giving me infections to stop me diving for about 2 months (at least 30-40 dives lost this year due to that.
I didnt hit many of those including the trips, education, or number of dives (now around 150-160 total, many in the DS), but i got some nice payraises which should help towards getting out there again - only i have a wedding to pay for too!

2005 goals:

Resort course in Cancun 11/04.
Finally O/W in Jun.
Forty dives all in fresh water (was shooting for 50 but got a late start)
Learned lots from my dive club
Bought a HP120
Had Wilma blow out my Cancun trip...:(

2006 Goals:

Getting a dry suit
AOW & Nitrox cert
First salt wreck dive
lots more practicing
75 dives
maybe bp/w
get my son certified

This year will go much better since I have a season pass and my wife is willing to go hang out at the swimming area. Another trip scheduled for Cancun, and hopefully a trip to Cooper River and NC wreck diving.

A total of 70 dives in 2005 with about 55 hours bottom time. Locations, Cuba, Great Barrier Reef, Poor Knights and lots in Cook Strait. Training Nitrox and Rescue.

Goals for 2006, increase confidence in my underwater navigation and learn how to use my strobe properly. Do a wreck course and dive in PNG.

Alison

Back
Top Bottom