Sharing images on Disc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tafflad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a growing digital picture collection, both topside and underwater.
After almost every trip I get requests asking for a copy of the pictures .... up until now I have just given them a copy of CD or memory stick.

However as I go to effort of getting best I can out of them with Photoshop ... be good to be a bit more professional on sharing a disc.

I had originally been pointed to use ProShow Gold .... but haven't bought it yet.
I do have Sony Vegas Movie Sudio HD ........... which is what I use for video, I could create a video of the pics ........

be interested how forum members share their pics (other than on-line sources)

I would prefer not to go buy yet another software package ... but will stay open minded.

When I do a presentation at my Dive club I use ProShow Gold - in fact I liked it so much that I boughr ProShow Producer.

The great thing is that you can output your slideshow to so many different formats.

Picasa has several options for making slideshows that you can share on disc, on the web etc. It makes .wmv format movies out of your images with transitions, titles etc. It's more web based but I have used it to send slideshows to friends once or twice. And it's free. Picasa

I post all my photos on my smugmug site. People can view them and buy a print if they choose or view a slideshow. I don't give photos for free. reefscenics' Photos | SmugMug If they want a full slideshow disk i charge $40 plus shipping which is alot cheaper than any photopro on the liveaboards i have done. Your time and effort is worth something. The time and effort in editing, taking the pictures and the money involved in camera and housing as well as computer justifies the person pay for the pics.

Are you wanting to give them as a slideshow/movie that people view or as images that people can print and share?

Usually they want a copy of images ... so 'best' I thought was to give them an autorun DVD, particularly useful for those not into PC's & digital pictures ... they can play in DVD player attached to TV.

---------- Post added April 25th, 2012 at 09:53 AM ----------

Andy ... I just downloaded an evaluation copy of ProShow Gold, and hints tips,examples, templates you can suggest.

I'll give it a go

Usually when people want copies they want something they can use as a screen saver or print or put on facebook. And ProShow isn't the best way to do that really. Drag and drop the files and burn them - you don't need to do anything fancy. If you're charging people etc or really want to spend a bunch of time creating some lovely show then ProShow is easy. It's just drag and drop into the timeline, double click an image in the time line to add any effects and boom you're done.

What I want to do is have an opening slide where there is a thumbnail or similar for each day of a dive trip ... and then when you click on thumbnail that show will run.

So you want to have something they have to watch, not that they can print from. Seems like a lot of work to me :) But ProShow is super easy and not that expensive. Give it a go.

Yep ... I have family members who also want to 'watch' .. so seems best approach.

If I include original images on disc as well ... they can still print any they want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom