Shark attack founders park(Islamorada)9-19-07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deeper thoughts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Man airlifted to Miami after shark attack

Related Links
Video: Man airlifted to Miami after shark attack
ISLAMORADA, Fla. (WSVN) -- A 52-year-old man is recovering from extensive injuries he suffered after an encounter with a shark in the Keys.
The unidentified man received extensive injuries from under his arm to his waist after the shark attack.

Rescue crews airlifted the Islamorada man from Mariner's Hospital to Jackson Memorial Hospital after being attacked by the shark while swimming near Founder's Park.

> 9-19-07

???

> The unidentified man received extensive injuries from under his arm to his waist

Ouch! My prayers towards a full recovery.

sorry 8-19-07

Dang, this is where we stay every year and I was just there in June.

Hope he has a full recovery.

Here in Hawaii, when they say a diver has had an unpleasant encounter with a shark, they are most likely speaking of a free diver who is spearfishing.

The OP doesn't even indicate that it was a diver. Do we know what he man was doing in the water (swimming, fishing, etc)?

EDIT: Oh, he was swimming. We scuba divers are still not a snack for most sharks.

I hope he recovers quickly and completely.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom