Shark Chumming

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike.D

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey everyone,

Please note: The following comments are purely to gain information and to fulfill my curiosity so please don't go biting my head off.

So here goes: Would shark chumming in QLD (not in any marine sanctuary or green zone) violate any laws/ would I be in the s*** if I was to do so and the marine cops happened to motor past and see it happening? Would it really be any different than burleying for fish (standard practice for fishing off our coast).

Cheers

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you're giving so little information it's hard to assist with your question.

If you're getting at what I think you are, perhaps consider contacting some other operators like the ones in South Australia as to the environmental and risk requirements.

Basically, If I was to deliberately burley for sharks (specifically
GWS or Tigers) for the sole purpose of being in the water with them and to photograph and watch them off stradbroke island (not in a green zone or near recognized and frequented diving areas, or near beaches) are there any legalities I need to be aware of?
I am completely aware of the risk and environmental factors and how stupid that idea is to other people. :wink:
Cheers
-Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont think chumming is the greatest issue with regards to sharks in Australia at the moment..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom