Shark finning.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SharkFriends.jpg

Signed. I just don't want a TEMPORARY ban on finning, need it to stop for good. None of this rubbish about letting the Shark population increase by like 20% then lifting the quota again, need this thing stopped forever.

Me to. Sharkwater is an amazing documentary.

It's amazing how people don't realy care about recking the earth's animals and species.

78.gif

Problem = too many humans on the planet and a whole lot more on the way, in some areas more than others.

Solution = :censored:

Last edited:
Well I know I aint gonna let my kids try sharkfin soup

Shark finning is a highly controversial practice involving the removal of shark fins for use in various cultural delicacies, particularly shark fin soup. Here's an overview:

1. Process: Shark finning involves catching sharks, removing their fins while they are still alive, and discarding the rest of the body back into the ocean. The fins are often harvested at sea and then processed on land. This practice is extremely wasteful, as the majority of the shark's body is discarded, leading to concerns about sustainability and animal welfare.
  2. Motivation: Shark fins are considered a delicacy in some cultures, particularly in parts of Asia where shark fin soup is a traditional dish served at special occasions and banquets. The demand for shark fins has driven widespread overfishing and depletion of shark populations around the world

Back
Top Bottom