Shark tooth trip to venice florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AtlanticEdge

Registered
Reaction score
Collect Megalodon Shark Teeth

Megalodon Sharks are prehistoric sharks that were huge compared to the sharks of today. They are long gone, but in certain spots in the country you can still dive and find their fossilized teeth. These teeth are really cool finds - there are teeth down there that are 6'' long! On this trip we will visit Venice Beach, FL to dive for these ancient fossilized shark teeth.

About This Trip

This trip is a 4 day/3 night trip to Venice Beach, Florida. You will do two days of two tank boat dives on the shark tooth bed to hunt for shark teeth. The bed is in only about 30 feet of water, so you will get nice long bottom times on each dive. Because of the shallow depth this is a great dive for divers of all experience levels, even brand new divers. On top of that, we guarantee you'll find a tooth, or we'll give you one of ours!

Trip Dates: April 8-11, 2010
Price: $449.

You arent guaranteed to find a meg. They are there as with other sharks teeth. I dive off Venice several times a year and have a great time. One good thing is the water has been real churned up most of the winter. This means not many people have been diving and the bottom has been turned over. Fresh fossils exposed to be found.

Its a real good trip. I went twice last year, and came back with great fossils each time. over 100 shark teeth total, 4-5 large ones, and one really nice 2 inch meg. My favorites were the whale teeth though, but also found ear bones, and some fossilized sea shells. I'd be going on this one, but out of points for flying and hotel so, no can do.

Are they the same kind of teeth you find around Calvert Cliffs? I have found some real small teeth but would love to find the big guys. What's the depth of the dives?

They were all about 30 ft.. Can check my log book. I'm an air hog and was getting 70-80 minute bottom times. I'll try to upload a pic of some of the teeth.

Here's the teeth I found on my first day of the first trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom