Sharks 3D on IMAX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saw this IMAX movie last night. Very good footage. So clear you can see the texture of the skin. So 3D, I thought I was going to get bumped a couple of times. The jellyfish scenes were pretty awesome in 3D too.

I could have done without the turtle narrator, but I guess they wanted it to be likable by kids too.

If you get a chance, go see it.

This movie really moved me. It's wonderful footage and decent educational information. I was sad at the end when they went through all the sharks and listed their endangered status. I made sure that the schoolteacher in my family got the educational materials from the website in order to help educate kids about sharks.

definately worth a watch....although turtles do make poor narrators :)

Great trailer. Makes every shark lovers hart beating quicker.
I copied the link and posted it on a Dutch scuba forum too.
Hopefully the movie comes (quickly) to European theatres also.

I can't wait for it to come to Dallas. I hope it gets here sooner than later.

MtnDiver:
Saw this IMAX movie last night. Very good footage. So clear you can see the texture of the skin. So 3D, I thought I was going to get bumped a couple of times. The jellyfish scenes were pretty awesome in 3D too.

I could have done without the turtle narrator, but I guess they wanted it to be likable by kids too.

If you get a chance, go see it.

We saw it on Tues. at the Virginia Beach Marine Science & Aquarium. The more I'm around marine life, the more fascinating I find it. Since I spend most of my diving in quarries I have less to be involved with.

I agree, the turtle narrator was distracting. However, my grandkids really loved it. Heck, I really liked it as well. Those jellyfish were just like being there. I was also amazed that most of the sharks are endangered!

Definitely worth the money to go see it!

Jack

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom