Sharks??? During Beach Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Harvo

Reaction score
Has anyone ever saw a shark while doing a beach dive? I personally have not.

I have! :wave: In La Jolla, off of Seal Beach and also at Goldfish Point. Sharks, sharks, everywhere. Guitarfish, horn sharks, leopard sharks, and a couple others I don't recall. I was with my friend who is a shark biologist, and he seems to attract them.

And in Bonaire, at Pink Beach and also at 1000 Steps, we saw gray nurse sharks.

And in Cozumel off the dock at Casa Del Mar, we saw a blacktip reef shark in the shallows. Strange, but true. :confused:

And in NJ, I have seen countless dogfish while swimming.

Years ago my brother was hanging off a raft in Florida when he felt something brush up against the bottom of his foot. He looked back to see the almighty dorsal fin, probably a reef shark.

soon thereafter, the lifeguards temporarily evacuated the beaches.

during the winter time, hundreds of sharks gather off the beaches here. it's funny to see helicopter shots, people standing in the water waving up. not realizing that less than 50 feet away are a school of sharks swimming around with their mouths open.

Well I ran into a bull shark one time while i was snorkeling off of dania beach

at walkers cay, a little ways across the water you can see plenty. i don't have pictures of the snorkeling part but i think you will get the idea.

aaa.sized.jpg

aah.sized.jpg

aad.sized.jpg

aaf.sized.jpg

Those are some great pictures.

Harvo once bubbled...
Has anyone ever saw a shark while doing a beach dive? I personally have not.

Just nurse sharks, but we see them all the time.

Marc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom