Sharks!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kapula:
Nice pics!
Where would you need a red filter? You can always manually adjust your white balance with a white slate or propably shoot in raw as well.

Please forgive my ignorance, but how does merely shooting in a 'lossless' format eliminate the need for a red filter, if there is no red present? I've read - and experienced - that no amount of Photoshop (or GiMP, etc) can fix red that simply isn't there (from sunlight absorption at certain depths).....

Excellent! The composition and clarity are just outstanding.

Great images.. two questions about the first picture though..
1) The shark on the left headed toward you... what's hanging out of his mouth or gills on *his* left side (right side of photo)?

2) I see bubbles, a tank, regulator and hoses under the shark on the right.. but no diver and no blood.... did he/she bail out so fast that he/she forgot his/her gear? =)

Take care,
Scott

ScottB:
Great images.. two questions about the first picture though..
1) The shark on the left headed toward you... what's hanging out of his mouth or gills on *his* left side (right side of photo)?

I was wondering about that myself.

2) I see bubbles, a tank, regulator and hoses under the shark on the right.. but no diver and no blood.... did he/she bail out so fast that he/she forgot his/her gear? =)

Take care,
Scott

I missed that until I read your post. Pretty funny looking.

The first shark had a large hook in the corner of it's mouth... and the tank does look very unsual there now that you've mentioned it but I think it was a guy who just had a odd gear setup. The tank was kind of high on his BC and it kind of floated off his back a little, not weight integrated.

Excellent shark pics. They look just like the ones in my shark dive video.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom