Question Shearwater cloud BT problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
K

koos

New
Reaction score
I've a recently bought a Shearwater perdix 2, I chose this computer because of the good reviews and because of the easy to change battery.
But I have with the software "Shearwater cloud" on my Windows 11 Pro computer it is very hard to connect to the dive computer. When it's connected the connection is solid. But but reconnection to the dive computer is a pain in the ass.
When I try to use "Shearwater cloud" on my Google Pixel 7 it fails to load, the start-up splash screen is showed, buttons are showed and then hangs this app.
Are more users having problems with the cloud tools for using with the shearwater dive computers?
What solutions are the to solve problems with downloading the dives and maintaining the dive computer with "Shearwater cloud"?

As fantastic as their computers are, shearwater cloud is a bit... touchy. I just updated to the latest version the other day and had to reconnect my teric. It took about 7 tries before it made the connection. I've had bad experiences in the past with it, but once connected I've been good for the last several versions.

Most people that have problems connecting via PC can connect through the mobile version more easily. My only suggestion in your case would be to make sure both versions are current and keep trying.

We do have an older PC that can't connect at all, I think we were able to connect with some cheap BT dongle we had sitting in a drawer eventually though.

You could also switch to another dive log software option, and only connect to shearwater cloud for firmware updates. I'm on a mac, so I can't really recommend alternate software, but there are one or two that come pretty highly recommended, just can't remember what they are right now!

I assume you have already contacted Shearwater, Email info@shearwater.com They have always been very responsive to my messages.

I am having no problems connecting my Teric to Cloud Desktop v2.9.6 on a Win10 computer. I don't use the Android app often, but have had no problems with it.

I assume you have already contacted Shearwater, Email info@shearwater.com They have always been very responsive to my messages.

I am having no problems connecting my Teric to Cloud Desktop v2.9.6 on a Win10 computer. I don't use the Android app often, but have had no problems with it.
I´m already in contact with Shearwater about the issue on my Android phone.
One new strange thing is that it's now loading correctly if I take the time, a several minutes, first the is the splash screen it starts to become transparent to the UI of the app. and then it took some time to get usable.
When this state is reached it stays working. After quitting the app or after a restart of the phone it takes again a long time to start the app again.
When this problem is solved on my phone, I think there is a bug which is hitting me. I start discussing with Shearwater to improve the Windows application especially on the Bluetooth connectivity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom