• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Shearwater live streaming update July 23

Discussion in 'Computers, Gauges, Watches & Analyzers' started by scubadada, Jul 20, 2020.

1. grantctobin

grantctobin ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I'll raise you something smaller than a perdix and a major DGX screwup.

DiveTucson and tha_ton like this.
  2. dogbone

dogbone ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    Street dates are serious business... Hopefully they don't punish dgx too much over the slip up...

rhwestfall likes this.
  3. scubadada

scubadada Diver Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    The bird in the trailer is a Peregrine Falcon. There was information, including pictures, online, most now down. We'll all know the details in just over 2 days.

AI only adds $86 to the cost of a Perdix, for those of us with several PPS transmitters, that would be good. I dive with an analog compass, have for many, many years. However, I have grown fond of the floating north pointer on my Teric. I wonder if it has custom GFs or only presets?

Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back

4. JimBlay

JimBlay Divin' Papaw ScubaBoard Supporter

They're just 15 minutes down the street from me. I think I may have heard the "OH CRAP!!!" as it was screamed. Thanks to Google that's a mistake that just can't be undone.

rhwestfall likes this.
  5. stuartv

stuartv Seeking the Light ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    If it is a $450 computer and has AI, huge win.

If it does not have AI (or a version/option with AI), then it is a hard fail. Just in my opinion, of course.

I have a couple of students right now (both, Nitrox, and one Advanced) that are in the market for computers. If it has AI, a $450 Shearwater computer would undoubtedly be my top recommendation. If it does not have AI, then I will most likely stick with my current recommendation of the Deep6 Gear computer at $275. At the level they are diving and will be diving for the foreseeable future, a black and white LCD screen more than meets their needs.

Ontwreckdiver and txgoose like this.
  6. rhwestfall

rhwestfall Woof! ScubaBoard Sponsor

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    So, i may have a replacement option for the Wife's Cochran (then again, she still prefers a console, so likely not...) Nice upgrade option from the daughter's Mares puck...

Christmas in July?

7. whysocold

whysocold Solo Diver

It reminds me of the Seabear but from a company that stands behind their products. No compass and no AI make it something I would not buy. When there is a Perdix with GPS, I'll be upgrading. Are you listening Shearwater?

8. dogbone

dogbone ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    Grrrr, text is too fuzzy to read on my phone... What are features

9. Joneill

Joneill ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Those of us who saw the DGX cached page before they were able to wipe that know all of the details already :) - but, out of respect for SW, I'll bite my tongue...

buddhasummer and rhwestfall like this.
  10. KenGordon

KenGordon Rebreather Pilot

Looking at the “accidentally” leaked DGX pages it looks great and I would hope kills off the various monstrous alleged GF computers trying to fit in the lower end of the market segment. With a transmitter being $350 the whole combo for an AI version would still be expensive. On the other hand at the price point it will fly off shelves and the biggest risk is it taking sales from the existing higher price kit. Of course there may be a chart somewhere showing that they have already sold to most of the people willing to spend the big money,