Shearwater NERD lens cover question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

v101

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a shearwater nerd 2, i am looking for a different cover for keeping the sun out of the viewing area.
I am looking for any info on using a rifle scope mount that will open/close. has anyone used these? Do they seem to work ok? if you have used it, what size did you buy in MM ?

Size-26-30mm

$10

Not a scope cover, but there's a nice cap on Thingiverse if you have access to a 3d printer. Thin bungee keeps it from popping off during transit, and you can use a small clip or cheapo keyring carabiner to clip it to your gear bag zipper, strap, etc. to not lose it in the boat/truck/gear bin

Size-26-30mm

$10
That's what I use.
Not a scope cover, but there's a nice cap on Thingiverse if you have access to a 3d printer. Thin bungee keeps it from popping off during transit, and you can use a small clip or cheapo keyring carabiner to clip it to your gear bag zipper, strap, etc. to not lose it in the boat/truck/gear bin
Meh. For $10, you have a solution you don't have to think about.

thanks everyone ! got a few options here

I use the Vortex scope cover, it has a stainless spring and is holding up very well. I like the hinge pivot at the 9 o clock position.
+1 for stainless spring. If you don't have stainless components, it'll break off eventually.

Hm re Vortex Optics - is it size 24 or 26? As there seems to be two quoted.
I have drilled the original cap on the side, then put a thin bungee through but this would be a neater solution :)

Back
Top Bottom