Shearwater Perdix AI - Pressure sensor problem?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only because you're in north America. EU service sucks, takes forever and is pretty pricey. I never really missed dives due to gear issues... until I bought a petrel. Never had to wait as long to get any piece of dive gear fixed.
That’s why a smart consumer thoroughly researches all aspects of a product including service/support before buying. In NA, Shearwater is a no brainer to stand by their products so a great choice if the computer checks all of the other boxes that are important to you (features, form factor, price, etc.,).

That’s why a smart consumer thoroughly researches all aspects of a product including service/support before buying. In NA, Shearwater is a no brainer to stand by their products so a great choice if the computer checks all of the other boxes that are important to you (features, form factor, price, etc.,).
You don't know what you're talking about. SW used to have good service in the EU but they didn't bother to set up a service center that is actually doing service for all their products post brexit (look on wikipedia what brexit means). Their computers are much less reliable than what the fans on SB claim and when you need service is takes 1-2 month or longer. I've heard from people who waited even longer.
A company like AP who make the Inspo CCR and other set up a service center for the EU customers prior to brextit, SW didn't set up one that works... leaving the EU customers hanging. It's not a matter of opinion.

I know Americans don't care about this and likely don't understand the issue. I writing this as a warning to potential EU customers, not for you.

You don't know what you're talking about. SW used to have good service in the EU but they didn't bother to set up a service center that is actually doing service for all their products post brexit (look on wikipedia what brexit means). Their computers are much less reliable than what the fans on SB claim and when you need service is takes 1-2 month or longer. I've heard from people who waited even longer.
A company like AP who make the Inspo CCR and other set up a service center for the EU customers prior to brextit, SW didn't set up one that works... leaving the EU customers hanging. It's not a matter of opinion.

I know Americans don't care about this and likely don't understand the issue. I writing this as a warning to potential EU customers, not for you.
Geez - I did not claim SW support was good outside of the US. I merely said that a smart consumer does their own research so should factor all of that into their purchase decision. Obviously, that can all change after you buy something as market conditions change - but no one should be surprised if they buy SW outside of NA today.

As I said, in NA, SW is amazing for post purchase service/support. I did not say that was the case anywhere else - folks in other regions need to do their own research for their market.

Shearwater service is excellent in Europe. My Nerd2 turned around and back with me within a week with superb communications. Couldn’t have been better.

Thoroughly recommend Narked@90 for their well earned reputation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom