Shearwater Teric Scratch Guard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They can scratch, I have one from the rep with a scratch in it :wink: For the low price, I would rather be safe than sorry. Everyone has their own opinion though.

Dive computer without scratches is inexperienced...

Sapphire crystals are very scratch resistant but they can still get scratched. I had a Citizen dive watch with a sapphire crystal and took it on one dive and scratch it. A tiny scratch but it was still there.

For something constantly in a dive environment, it seems like cheap insurance if one wants to keep their crystal scratch free.

If I had a Teric, I would be looking for a protector that also covers some or all of the bezel - like the one I have on my Oceanic Atom. Just a screen protector is sure better than nothing! But, it sure would be nice to also have some protection for the bezel.

2018-08-08 10.14.53.jpg

Can you elaborate a bit on the specs for the screen guard? Is it hard plastic, thin film, glass? Any pictures available with the protector installed? If not, indoor and outdoor would be appreciated. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom