Sherwood Amphos Air Q's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divinh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The manual says that the Amphos Air is good for 1 year or 300 dive hours. I'm assuming this means that if it's in watch mode, since it's always on, that even in "storage", it will use very little power and that there's still a lot dives to be had even if left dry for a year? The reason I ask is because when I received the Amphos Air, while new, it wasn't in Deep Sleep mode upon delivery. I don't think I'll get to dive with it until next year, maybe six months later, so I'm hoping the battery won't all of a sudden say "low battery", as there isn't a battery status display, like on a phone, just "low battery" to "change battery".

The transmitter was delivered sealed, so I'm hoping it's only active when in use?

Finally, I read in a thread that the dive watch is "permanently" paired to the transmitter? That seems odd to me. Even the other way around, with the transmitter "permanently" paired to the dive watch. What if one or the other needs to be replace?

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom