Sherwood profile dive computer experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaandbooks

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was offered a great deal on this dive computer so I purchased it from my LDS. They had to order it for me so I haven’t received, so I wanted to know about your guys’ experience with it: would you recommend it for a beginner OW diver? How user-friendly is it? Any tips/tricks/recommendations?

Thank you in advance!

well one could argue that it is a bit late for you to be asking our opinions. If you're looking for validation on your purchase, I wouldn't ask for it because you may not like the answers.

It's a computer. It will keep you safe ish per all of them. I can't stand single button computers because they are all not very user friendly. Combinations of short and long button presses suck and you will definitely have to read the manual vs. some others.

My opinion? If you paid more than about $150, I'd say you paid too much given the fact that you can get an i300 from Aqualung for $180 on amazon which is much more user friendly. That's just me

Have to agree with everything Tbone said - the profile looks like the standard Pelagic Pressure Systems entry level unit that has been sold under several brands - Oceanic Veo, Aeris XR, Sherwood (obviously) and now Aqualung, though Aqualung doesn't offer the base 1-button model. The 1 button models work fine, I just find them a real nuisance to use - especially if you dive nitrox regularly.

Given the price I see the Profile online, I really hope they gave you an actual great deal.

well one could argue that it is a bit late for you to be asking our opinions. If you're looking for validation on your purchase, I wouldn't ask for it because you may not like the answers.

It's a computer. It will keep you safe ish per all of them. I can't stand single button computers because they are all not very user friendly. Combinations of short and long button presses suck and you will definitely have to read the manual vs. some others.

My opinion? If you paid more than about $150, I'd say you paid too much given the fact that you can get an i300 from Aqualung for $180 on amazon which is much more user friendly. That's just me

This is one of the rate occasions where I agree with @tbone1004 100%.

Back
Top Bottom