Sherwood SR1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The EOS is actually a good reg. I would prefer it to the SR-1. Possible issues: like any very small second stage, bubble interference could be a problem if you are sensitive to them. I am, but many people are not. Because of the swivel, the hose is proprietary. But, for the average recreational diver, hoses last a long time. The DVT, which Oceanic uses across most of its first stage line has mixed reviews, but can easily be removed if it a problem.

thanks for the answer. i will probably go with the EOS over the sherwood or Hollis i had originally wanted. i am going to try to go with a Hollis octo to match up with it. you think they will match well?

If it has a proprietary hose and the DVT, I'd pass on it. That's two excellent examples of solutions in search of a problem, and two potential trouble spots that are completely unnecessary. I also don't like very small 2nd stages for a few reasons.

IMO simplicity and classic designs that have proven themselves over decades of use are two very desirable qualities in regulators. This means a simple balanced piston or balanced diaphragm 1st stage and a barrel poppet 2nd stage. Apeks, aqualung titan LX, SP MK11/G250V, or if you don't mind buying used, a MK10/15/20 with a G250 or D300/350/400 2nd stage would all be excellent choices. There are many others; just watch out for regs that have unusual 'features' really exist to give the salesman something to talk about.

This is the closeout EOS.
With the recommendations you made... I have a budget of give or take 450

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom