sherwood sr2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HeatCker

Contributor
Reaction score
i've got a buddy that is about to buy a sherwood SR2 (1st, 2nd and octo)
we can't find any reviews on this reg
does anyone have any experience with this reg or comments
is it a good reg for cold water, can't find any info on that either
as always, thanks guys

he's buying brand new from the shop, the dive shop deals with everything but scubapro

Not a bad reg. I had a SR1 and after lots of problems with it and arguments with Sherwood they finally replaced it. Works well, but I see your in Canada. This is a warm water reg, so if using it in cold water maybe look at something else.

ML

yes we are in canada .. dove today .. 46 F and dropping.
my buddy is upgrading his reg, i think he already went ahead and purchased it.
i am pretty sure he is under the impression that the sr2 is for cold water.

I have this reg, have about 30 dives on it so far. Coldest water temp to date was 44 degrees F and it functioned fine. I like it a lot. The biggest complaint people seem to have about it is that the mouthpiece/profile is smaller, but that does not bother me. (I actually prefer it, being female with a smaller face.)

At one point recently, Leisure Pro was offering the free octo if you got the first stage/second stage. Not sure if that deal is still around now though.

Not a bad reg. I had a SR1 and after lots of problems with it and arguments with Sherwood they finally replaced it. Works well, but I see your in Canada. This is a warm water reg, so if using it in cold water maybe look at something else.

ML

Not to derail the thread but I have the sr1 and I've dove in 60ft with the water temp at 36f I had no problem it worked great I heard a lot of bad things but I've dove with this reg for 3yrs now and not a single problem and most of my dives are in water that is below 60 degrees

it's fine for cold water, it's just an expensive reg that is very uncommon for a reason....

I think the woeful reputation the SR1 had might have something to do with it. I know of at least one LDS back home that stopped selling them due to ongoing and repeated issues. I have no idea as to the reliability of the SR2.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom