sherwood wisdom users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aLittletank

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am awaiting the arrival of my Sherwood wisdom. This will be my first dive computer. I found the manual on line and have been reading through it and I have a question... Is this computer hard to use? Granted I dont have the wisdom in front of me to reference and use but it seems fairly complicated.

Those of you that are using the Wisdom, how long did it take you to learn how to plan a dive and use the other settings?

thanks
Allen

I bought all my gear through scubatoys.com so I doubt my LDS will want to see me with it :D

any other users out there?

It's a piece of cake to use. It has a large display and instead of using icon's for things like safety stops and fast ascends, it actuall says it on the display so there is nothing to memorize.

During safety stops, it actually counts down from 3 minutes.

I love mine. Honestly, although I recommend everyone read the manual, you could use it without the manual, it's that easy.

I have my sherwood wisdom for 2 years without any problems. I did read the manual so I can understand how to use it and etc... It's not really that difficult. So far, I love it!

I was poised a question by the Dive Master this weekend.

How would you solve using your Wisdom?

After your 1st dive, you know how long you've been down (28 mins) and your depth (60'), using your Wisdom, determine how far you can go down after 30 mins.......

What function would you use to determine the depth?
Plan?
Simulation?

What steps?
Thanks!

ps: I love the intuitive functions of my Wisdom.

Like any multi-featured gismo, it's best learned by using a few features at a time.

It's not hard and you'll have fun.

I was poised a question by the Dive Master this weekend.

How would you solve using your Wisdom?

After your 1st dive, you know how long you've been down (28 mins) and your depth (60'), using your Wisdom, determine how far you can go down after 30 mins.......

What function would you use to determine the depth?
Plan?
Simulation?

What steps?
Thanks!

ps: I love the intuitive functions of my Wisdom.

At this time no dive computer have that function also your Dive Master ask you a trick question read you dive table or your manual and you will see it and remember your computer is a guide you need to make good dive decisions for yourself. A dive computer can work down to 300 ft most people can't.

Back
Top Bottom