Sherwood?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NetDoc:
Most cave divers I know, use Zeagle or Atomic. I hear that might change somewhat come DEMA.

Who's got what up who's sleeve? :)

Diveral:
I don't cave dive but I use a 17 yr old Sherwood Magnum as my regulator. It's been going strong for almost 20 years now.
Now there's a sentence that'll cause brain-lock! :)

I probably have the exact same reg. I find hose routing on doubles with the Sherwood (which is a "straight-cylinder" first stage design -- similar to Scubapro's Mk2 first stage) is not as optimal as an "L" shaped first stage (Scubapro's MK20/25) or "T" like the Apeks first stages. The straight cylinder does route well on single cylinder setups, which is where I keep my Sherwood setup with a 7' hose.

Roak

amascuba:
Who's got what up who's sleeve? :)
There will be a new player in the "Technical Scuba" field. At least one new player and it will be interesting to see what they bring to us. :D I imagine that they will be introduced here first.

We have a pair of Sherwood Blizzards and though we don't use them for techical diving I'll offer a few thoughts....

Being end fed and cylindrical configured as a DIN connection it is a fairly long unit and may tend to project quite a ways. I can see where an APEX ect. would give better routing options. For single tank recreational diving it's no big deal unless I need to throw on a yoke adapter and use a small cylinder, less that 7-/14 dia.

Sherwoods are renowned for being robust reliable regulators but few will say that they are the smoothest breathers around. If I were considering frequent deep/extended diving I'd start thinking about an alternative.

The dry bleed is a unique feature that works really well. it is worthwile to warn buddies. The bubble stream looks unlike most leaks.

The swivel AFAIK is unique to the Maximus.

Pete

NetDoc:
:D I imagine that they will be introduced here first.

I think that cat has been let out already over on The Deco Stop.

Hellios??

Thats cool. I wonder if it is going to be a full line (BP/Wing, regs, etc, etc.) I'm currently diving with a chute 3 and a versa pro right know. BTW they are for sale in the classifieds. Love them, just swithching directions and won't fit my needs. Believe me, If I had the money I would keep both! Our Dive Rescue uses this BC along with the SP Classic 2 and have had good results.

Any more info would be greatly appreciated! I doubt the O****** member would have any insight to the line would they?

Thanks,
Joe.

spectrum:
The dry bleed is a unique feature that works really well. it is worthwile to warn buddies. The bubble stream looks unlike most leaks.
Pete

I have come to find that the diving comunity in WV is quite small (land-locked mountain state--imagine that) Most of the training, either open water or Fire Dept, I have done or been involved with has been with Sherwood (AGA aside), and the "bubbles" are common place to me.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom