Shocking Risks Taken Solo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Near Miami on like a 6 lane freeway where everyone was going about 100 miles an hour I saw a couple of cars sideswipe right in front of me. They just kept going. Maybe neither one had insurance. And people think WE take risks. I breathe a big sigh of relief when I am nice and safe underwater:)
My boat is in Savannah, actually Hilton Head, and I may be able to pick it up this coming weekend. I'd offer you a ride, but it might cut into your dive time.

My boat is in Savannah, actually Hilton Head, and I may be able to pick it up this coming weekend. I'd offer you a ride, but it might cut into your dive time.
What kind of boat? I loves me some friends wot gots da boatz!!

Afterours.jpg

Here she is sitting at the Savannah Yacht Club.

Ok I love you guys, I can’t mess with you any more. AndcI am hopefully about to get my solo cert soon. I wrote a tricky post, look closer, I said Solo Driving, not solo diving. I have to drive like 7 hours to get to the good stuff!

Good one, but you should have saved it for April Fools Day!

Buddy diving separation is essentially ....solo diving, no?

Buddy diving separation is essentially ....solo diving, no?
Not to my way of thinking... buddy separation means initiate buddy separation protocol usually search for agreed upon time then surface, not at all like Solo diving.

Unless it’s tooth diving or spearfishing then it apparently means you said you were my buddy on the boat, so they’re covered, but underwater it’s... like you said, solo diving! Another reason I want to work on solo diving.

Consider this... You said solo diving scares you. According to DAN, after medical, the leading cause of diving fatalities is buddy separation. In other words, when divers who are so heavily dependent on being with a buddy, suddenly are not, things go south.
I think your explaination has merit. Also correlation is not necessarily causation. Also “post hoc ergo procter hoc” can be a fallacy.

Back
Top Bottom