Shoes for school children in French Harbour

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parrotheaddiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Southeast of Disorder...and San Marcos, Texas
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
This was posted on coco chat so if you are headed down there it would be great to help these kids out thanks ....

SHOES - CoCo Chat

Just got and email from Patty at Dockside alerting me to the fact that there are 15 kids at a school in French Harbour that do not have any shoes to wear for the upcoming school year that starts the first week in February. We have school supplies for them but no shoes. If you are coming down in the next few weeks and would like to get a pair or two of shoes for these kids, please email me at Lynn@roatanchildrensfund.com and I will give you sizes.

Thank you so much, I know we can make this happen.
Lynn

thanks fab50diver.....if you email Lynn at the above address before you go she will be able to tell you if they need anything.... she runs the show I am just the messenger thanks :blinking:

I'm starting up a collection here at home to bring down with me but unfortunately that isn't until April.

I've received an overwhelming response from my friends and family who want to donate shoes. I put in a call to Continental to see if they would be willing to waive the baggage fees for the shoe donations as I'm sure they will be fairly heavy and costly to take down to Roatan from Philadelphia.

It looks like I have to write a letter to Continental's Community Service Contribution department but it seems that you have to be part of a charitable organization to receive help from them. Does anyone have any advice before I send something over to them? Maybe reference the Roatan Children's Fund?

Thank you!

..... but it seems that you have to be part of a charitable organization to receive help from them. Does anyone have any advice before I send something over to them? Maybe reference the Roatan Children's Fund?

I don't know what proof or bonafides they will need, but it is a 501.c.3 charity as shown at Roatan Childrens Fund | Helping the children of Roatan

Get ahold of Lynn lynn@roatanchildrenshome.com

Likely she would be thrilled to establish the organization with COontinental as a functioning charity.

Lynn has told me that she has received a great response from you guys on scubaboard...thank you...feel free to contact Lynn at the email above any time you are heading to Roatan....she can let you know what is needed...plus there is a list on the childrens home website....I always try to take afew things when I go...socks underwear bras toothbrushes/paste it means a lot for those who have so little...thanks again.....One Love...One Heart :sappy:

I don't know what proof or bonafides they will need, but it is a 501.c.3 charity as shown at Roatan Childrens Fund | Helping the children of Roatan

Get ahold of Lynn lynn@roatanchildrenshome.com

Likely she would be thrilled to establish the organization with COontinental as a functioning charity.

I got a hold of Lyn, thanks. Hopefully we can get something going on with Continental.

I also work for a medical supply distributor and hopefully I can get up a collection of supplies for the clinic as well.

Hopefully I can get a nice little care package going :cool2:

Hopefully we can get something going on with Continental.

Let us know how that will work. Many here have been interested, but the baggage fees mean the end of dragging down duffel bags of notebooks and Crayolas.

Re-open the pipeline! :crafty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom