Shooting salt water up my nose everyday & feeling good! Anybody else doing this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did my first dose today based on the discussions on this thread. Wow! It works! I've been about 50% blocked for years, one shot and my nasal passageways cleared.

It's really funny how something so weird works like a champ. I did mine last night and boy after being blocked up from this cold it cleared me right up I was getting so much air i thought I was high.

Every since I read this thread back in October I've been using XClear (I'm not brave enough to do the full on salt water nasal douche) and ya know what? my sinuses have been much clearer! Thanks everyone!
Pamela

I had been fighting congestion for sometime.
The nasal spray worked fine but costs real money and I can't use it day after day for long term.

I tried the NeilMed system (bought at WalMart) and it did take me a few days to get used to pushing water through my head and to get the best angle for my head but now it is fast and easy and keeps me clear and breathing easy.

My oncologist agrees it is a good thing to help prevent sinus infection during chemo.

glad to hear it works for you all. I need to bust out my stuff again. This weather is killing the sinus'. Wish the surgery would have taken care of it all.

I did my first dose today based on the discussions on this thread. Wow! It works! I've been about 50% blocked for years, one shot and my nasal passageways cleared.

It's really pretty funny that it took so long to figure out that the solution for having a lot of crud in your head would be to rinse it out. :D

I guess there's more money to be made in antibiotics and office visits than there is in a 50 cent squeeze bottle and some salt water.

Terry

I had a FESS also, and I also threw up blood. The surgery was ok, they put a stint in your nose and you can't breathe out of it. Only trouble when sleeping but it you sleep sitting up with a pillow it's not so bad.

The dr. also gave me a gizmo that connects on a waterpic. I fill up the trough with salt and baking soda and water and turn it on and put the gizmo up to my nose and let water shoot up and out the other nostril.

Really does work good. Now using Nelimed <sp>. Works good too. You can get this over the counter.

I just got a Neilmed this weekend. I've never had sinus problems before but lately I've had a lot of post nasal drip that has caused me to cough all day. Its funny I was reading about this somewhere else and then noticed this thread.

I did it Sunday and Monday morning. I felt clear all day and little to no coughing. It does feel weird to feel the water fill up - but the momentary discomfort has been well worth the results.

I've been using Neilmed for about a month now, once a day, usually in the morning before work. I have chronic allergies and I've been getting sinus pain up until I started using Neilmed. It also works great as a moisturizer for your nose especially in the dry fall months out here, I used to get nose bleeds in the fall but not anymore. The stuff really does work, and you really get used to the odd feeling after the first few times.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom