Shooting Video with my DC500: Better than on my Canon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CoolTech: Your going to mount a light on your strobe for video? Is that what you said?

That is what I was thinking to do since you can't use the strobe for video. I think I am going to get a small powerful LED light. Tell me which one your going to get. If you test it make sure to tell me.
Already did. I'll be using it this weekend. Ikelite PC Lite

Already did. I'll be using it this weekend. Ikelite PC Lite
One of these? That'll be a hot spot video won't it?
pc.gif
Look forward to seeing it...

Which PC light? There are a few.

Don: That one will most probably have a hotspot. I have used one like that and it did.

Nice, Nice. Did you test it yet?
Tomorrow. The light is mainly for spotting under ledges and in crevices... I just figured I would try some video with a 2GB card

Tomorrow. The light is mainly for spotting under ledges and in crevices... I just figured I would try some video with a 2GB card

If it is for looking in crevices why would you want it on your camera? I would understand if you didn't have a strobe and all... but your going to have to keep taking the flashlight out and put it back in its holder.

Report your findings tom!

Yea, I know. I am always upside down and all over trying to spot things under ledges and crevices. I thought you mean like smaller things though.. But anyway good luck.

One of these? That'll be a hot spot video won't it?
pc.gif
Look forward to seeing it...

This is the setup...
Yep, I have two similar lights - nice lights but hot spots for cameras.

You have the DC600 don't you? Records in AVI? What is the maximum vid you can shoot @ 640 wide with a 2 Gb card, if you don't mind checking...?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom