Shore Dive In Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MEDICJOJO

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Leaving for Cozumel in 2 days and have been on line and on SB planning the dives I would like to do. I have also read about Shore dives at places like Chankanaab Marine Park and Scuba Club my wife and I would like to check it out on one of the days were their, dose anyone know what they charge? We have our own gear but would need weights and air. Do they just rent them to you and cut you loose or are they guided? Cant really find any info on them but places to go nothing on charges or requirements. Thanks for any help......................Jody

I believe the Scuba Club facilities are reserved for their guests. You might have a better chance next door at Hotel Cozumel and Dive Paradise. You are on your own in either case. No guide unless you would like to hire one.

Leaving for Cozumel in 2 days and have been on line and on SB planning the dives I would like to do. I have also read about Shore dives at places like Chankanaab Marine Park and Scuba Club my wife and I would like to check it out on one of the days were their, dose anyone know what they charge? We have our own gear but would need weights and air. Do they just rent them to you and cut you loose or are they guided? Cant really find any info on them but places to go nothing on charges or requirements. Thanks for any help......................Jody
You can rent tanks and weights at most waterfront dive op locations for 10 bucks or so. There is an entry fee at Chankanaab; you can rent tanks and weights in the park, but at that location you must hire a DM/guide to dive with you.

BTW, Chankanaab and the Marine Park are separate entities. The underwater part of Chankanaab is actually inside the Marine Park; The Marine Park stretches from just north of the Presidente all the way around the south end of the island and back up the east coast to about the entrance to Punta Sur Park, and it is the underwater area from the shoreline out about a mile.

I believe the Scuba Club facilities are reserved for their guests. You might have a better chance next door at Hotel Cozumel and Dive Paradise. You are on your own in either case. No guide unless you would like to hire one.

This is good advice. Scuba Club is close to public.
Dive Paradise is open for business My wife checked to other day and the price is 7usd. for a tank and weights.
Don't forget Papa Hogs across from Villa Blanca or Casa Del Mar just a little further down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom