Shore dive weekend of 7/24 & 25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GrierHPharmD:
Y'know, I was thinking of doing just that. How's the snorkeling at the site? -G
Zuzanne....any imput on this? I'm sure it's got to be the same as it was in Pompano.

Rick,

The whole baby thing is our major limiting factor, too. (It was much easier to find child care when my wife was afraid of the ocean. Over the last four weeks, I've created a monster!!) We've just been having to pay a babysitter to watch Alyssa for a few hours on Saturday mornings. Maybe one day when we finally meet, we could figure out some alternate child care arrangements where we both could benefit. Who knows? I guess this is what my parents were talking about when they used to speak of the "responsibility" thing. Later!

Nathan

You can snorkel at Deerfield, reef is the same line as at Pompano. First reef line is about 30or so yards offshore depending on the tides. 10 to 12 feet of water, 2nd reef is another 20 yards or so out and 15 to 20 feet. Should be a lot of fun. I also plan to snorkel as my hubby has to work and can't join me to dive. I will also bubble watch.

Zuzanne

Ah yes, Deerfield Beach, the site of the infamous Why I Don't Like Beach Dives story. :D

Where were you thinking of Rick? There's actually three sites you're allowed to dive from - north of the pier past the restaurants and volleyball courts, in between the two guarded public beaches at the Cove Beach Club, and south of the Embassy Suites hotel.

Of the three, I prefer the middle site for the ledges and reef, but there's easier parking and a shower at the south site.

Marc

algal bloom:
Rick,

The whole baby thing is our major limiting factor, too. (It was much easier to find child care when my wife was afraid of the ocean. Over the last four weeks, I've created a monster!!) We've just been having to pay a babysitter to watch Alyssa for a few hours on Saturday mornings. Maybe one day when we finally meet, we could figure out some alternate child care arrangements where we both could benefit. Who knows? I guess this is what my parents were talking about when they used to speak of the "responsibility" thing. Later!

Nathan
Nathan, the time has come and it is this weekend. Notice that both Angie and I are diving, so either Alexis and Victoria are coming with us, or staying at home. Also, I believe Grier is bringing the family, so I think there will be plent of bubble watchers to watch Alyssa.

FLL Diver:
Ah yes, Deerfield Beach, the site of the infamous Why I Don't Like Beach Dives story. :D

Where were you thinking of Rick? There's actually three sites you're allowed to dive from - north of the pier past the restaurants and volleyball courts, in between the two guarded public beaches at the Cove Beach Club, and south of the Embassy Suites hotel.

Of the three, I prefer the middle site for the ledges and reef, but there's easier parking and a shower at the south site.

Marc
Marc, since you and Zuzanne are the "veterans" of this beach, how about you pick a place that will not yield the same results for you as those in your story (I'd hate you to have the same experience and me to blame for :D).

I'm always up for nice ledges and reefs, but easier parking and showers are also up there in my list of priorities. So, as long as there is a balance between the two, I'm happy. (let's consider that there might be our own BWs on the beach)

freedive:
Hey Everyone,

I'm back from my honeymoon :07: and a little shore dive sounds great for the weekend. I can make it on Sunday and the wife and kids will also come along so I'll check back to see what's been planned.

Juan
Hey congrats Juan!!!! Can you make it on Saturday????

Hey,

It sounds like a lot of fun. I'm with Rick, I wanna try Deerfield since I've never done it before. Just tell me exactly what streets to take. I'll check with the wife to see if it is cool. Our daughter starts getting burned out after a couple of hours at the beach but if there are other people to play with she'll probably make it longer. I can't wait!

Nate

Hey Don't forget Hermit Crab! She can help with the baby sitting also! Of course somebody older needs to watch over her...its the whole montissori thing! LOL Am up for Deerfield Beach! LOokong forward to it! Lets party!

Yeah I'm sure we can make it on Saturday as long as the weather cooperates. Just remember we're coming from south of the border (SW Miami) so early rendezvous are a bit tougher for us foreigners :eyebrow:

Juan

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom