Shore Dives locations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dogface79

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
We are staying at the Fiesta Americana for 1 week beginning Saturday. We were hoping to do some shore dives to save some money. Everyone lists dive sites as their favorites (Palancar Bricks, Gardens, etc....) I have no idea which of these sites can be reached from shore or by boat? :idk: Could someone provide a list of shore dives and locations? and best locations for shore night dives? Thanks everyone!

Sadly.....the dive spots on everyone's "favorites list" are definately NOT shore dives.

I've been shore diving off off of Blue Angel and Hotel Cozumel, and I've enjoyed it, but it does not compare to the boat dives. The shore dives are great for testing gear and filling in time waiting for the next deep dive :D

Hi Welcome to Coz diving, your going to love it. You are not going to be diving a shore dive near your hotel without a guide as it is in the park. If you go to Villa Blanca and see the guys or Opal at Scubamau they will rent you some tanks cheaply for some shore dives there. That are is out of the park. Now this shore dive is not Bonaire type stuff. Like diving on a desert. 25-30fsw max depth. The are lots of things to see but one is truly looking for it. I love the shore dives just cuz I'm getting wet. I also love to do night dives at Villa Blanca. I think Opal will only stay open late for shore night dives if you are diving daily. But ask she is great. I wish you great diving.

:Dlol thanks didnt notice that. Have great dives!

It may not be much, but the shore dive at FA is not too bad. It was almost good until the storms a few years ago wiped much of it out. Still, there should be a few coral heads to snoop around in the FA roped off area. Or walk north about 1/4 mile to the playa and drift back. Check the current as it normally flows N to S close to shore in that area but does occasionally change. Try the drift with a snorkel first to see if it is worth lugging the tank that far.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had some fantastic shore dives north of town and also just south of town. During my dives north of town, at Coral Princess Hotel, I have encountered barracuda, large morays, and more flounders and rays than I can count.

Since I like to solo dive, shore diving in Cozumel is perfect for me. I have almost unlimited bottom time since they are so shallow. Also, on sunny days, I have taken some of the best photos of my life.

Do these dives have the "YES!" factor of the famour Cozumel dives? Maybe not. But if you plant yourself in one location while shore diving and really focus on a single coral head, you will start to appreciate the mini-ecosystem present.

That's why in any given week in Cozumel, about 1/4 of my dives will be boat dives and 3/4 will be shore dives.

I am standing at the lobby bar at FA as I type this, unfortunately I am leaving Sat early afternoon.
I did 8 dives over 4 trips with Scuba Mau and they were great and very reasonable.

I didn't do any shore diving, but the money bar just up the road is a very popular snorkel place so I would guess there us stuff to see there. The top current takes you from the money bar to FA, not sure what the underwater current,is doing.

Enjoy your stay here and shoot Opal an email at scuba Mau, you'll like their prices

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom