Shore diving at El Cid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-4life

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know the shore diving is nothing like getting to the reefs via boat, but we have always enjoyed the option of shore diving when we to to ScubaClub. We have a certificate for a trip that we can use for the El Cid in Coz and I was wondering if anyone knows if the dive shop at El Cid rents tanks and lockers like ScubaClub for shore diving?

Thanks,
Russ

I know the shore diving is nothing like getting to the reefs via boat, but we have always enjoyed the option of shore diving when we to to ScubaClub. We have a certificate for a trip that we can use for the El Cid in Coz and I was wondering if anyone knows if the dive shop at El Cid rents tanks and lockers like ScubaClub for shore diving?

Thanks,
Russ

They were willing to 4 years ago. Needed to ask a day in advance.

Nice site, dove there twice last week. Saw other divers exiting too.

Another less convenient option would be to walk down to Tikila and rent tanks there. It's about a block. They have lockers etc.

I like to know too! I’ll be at El CID on June 9-16

Go a little over a block north to Tikila across from Casa Del Mar and get Mario Ceh to guide you on a shore dive there. He knows where everything is and is an excellent photographer. I did a 115 minute dive with him and he only charged $28, including tank and weights. Take a camera, you will get some excellent photo opportunities.
sea horse.jpg

Wow! Count me in that group.

Dave

There is an old plane wreck not far offshore from El Cid. When we stayed there several years ago, you could also do a relatively easy night shore dive.

There is an old plane wreck not far offshore from El Cid. When we stayed there several years ago, you could also do a relatively easy night shore dive.
The first time I saw it was snorkeling there in 1978; it was fairly intact then. Good luck finding it now; first Gilbert then Wilma did a number on it. I think most of the pieces of it got washed out over the wall.

The first time I saw it was snorkeling there in 1978; it was fairly intact then. Good luck finding it now; first Gilbert then Wilma did a number on it. I think most of the pieces of it got washed out over the wall.

Yes, I should have clarified that the “wreck” was very small and just some pieces. Nothing major. I have been on one ship wreck dive, the Proselyte in St. Maarten, that was just pieces, like cannons, anchor, and ballast, scattered around the bottom....I was expecting to see a ship!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom