Shore diving Beqa lagoon resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keep on the lookout for bulldozer shrimp. I absolutely love those little buggers and they've got a million of 'em in the sand just next to the reef!

They were in the shallows at the entry exit point and on the house reef, at the time. So If you waded out to gear up you had to watch were you walked. Once in, you could just swim over them.

They told the guests to watch were they walked while getting on-off the skiff at the shore.

They may be gone by now. They were removing as many of them as they could about once a week and burning them. The typhoon that came through in January may have also changed there distribution.

The shore dives I did I saw a few hundred each time. That was the only place I ever saw them. All of the boat dives were clear.

Keep on the lookout for bulldozer shrimp. I absolutely love those little buggers and they've got a million of 'em in the sand just next to the reef!
thanks ill warm up the strobe are they shy? do they have friends:eyebrow: ( goby's)

Oaky it is great muck diving! Go out the channel and to the left! To the point and big coral head and back! Max depth 35ft! Most at 25ft! Lots of small critters! Watch for the Thorn of Crowns! I have taken tons of cool macro pictures in this area!
820__MG_4397_Goby_Blind_Shrimp_Beqa_Fiji_07.jpg

The dive shop light is all you need as the shore gets shallow fast! No need to hang a strobe! I discovered the Thorn of Crowns infestation in November 2008! We are trying to get money for a full operation to remove them! We started a volunteer Friday dive for those who wanted to help!

Papa Bear: you are a photography god. It's hard enough to hang with those critters without having them jump into their hole. It must be nearly impossible to get close enough for a macro shot

Thank you! It is a little murky because I used a 60mm macro lens and flat port! You also go very slow:wink:
820__MG_4427_Goby_in_Sand_Beqa_Lagoon_Fiji_07.jpg

Back
Top Bottom